ReefCleaners.org

Coral to Compliment Scape?

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Hi, all! 

As my reef starts to fill out I'm feeling pretty good about my placement and plans; however, I'm struggling to decide which corals should be placed along the edges/top of the largest rock in the tank.  The underside is extremely shaded so I'll be planning a combination of NPS & Cyphastrea but I have no clue what should use to fill in the back, side and top around the green hammer/frogspawn.  

Any suggestions would be absolutely wonderful! Let me know what you think. 

I've attached pics of the tank from all sides as well as my lighting schedule! 

20190930_201051.thumb.jpg.bab1f509ea0e4e55299a7bb3bd6f6896.jpg 20190930_201151.thumb.jpg.d2dcf033817d27474f7deb1f6402d534.jpg 20190930_201103.thumb.jpg.8ef72d0425fe14473c2cbadbad3f515b.jpg

Screenshot_20191016-110035_myAI.jpg.45f6b48b8405b9378b3082051fbc0019.jpg

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

You might be able to acclimate some zoanthids there, but that peak gets the most light of all, especially because it’s centered with the light. Are you interested in a mixed reef with sps corals?

• Like 1
Capt_Rick_Dixie
36 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

You might be able to acclimate some zoanthids there, but that peak gets the most light of all, especially because it’s centered with the light. Are you interested in a mixed reef with sps corals?

I'm not opposed to a mixed reef at all.  I've got quite a few lps going already.  Some sps could be nice but I've only really ever kept montis, birdsnest, and a little green slimer.  I'm not as familiar with them as some others.  

Capt_Rick_Dixie
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I'd say more LPS myself, a little Euphyllia garden would look awesome around that top

That's kind of where I was leaning.  There's plenty of room around the sides and the back and I wouldn't have to worry about them stinging one another.  

Euphyllia are some of my absolute favorite corals.  

• Like 1