inTank Media Baskets

Newb with a cube

Mr.Schertz

Hello and first want to say what a great website. I picked up a rimless 29 biocube. Wavemaker,media baskets,upgraded pump,and live established sand. I’m trying to decide on a light at the moment. Open for suggestions. I know for sure I want a anenome(not sure which one yet). I’d love a mandarin but I know their food requirements and that may be difficult with a cube. I’d like to stay away from dosing so no plans on sps. Other things on my mind are a macro fuge,skimmer,auto top off,fuge light for the macro.....geez. So much to consider. I don’t want a congested look though in the overflow area of the cube so I may keep it simple. Open to all suggestions and constructive criticism. Thanks.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Mr.Schertz said:

Hello and first want to say what a great website. I picked up a rimless 29 biocube. Wavemaker,media baskets,upgraded pump,and live established sand. I’m trying to decide on a light at the moment. Open for suggestions. I know for sure I want a anenome(not sure which one yet). I’d love a mandarin but I know their food requirements and that may be difficult with a cube. I’d like to stay away from dosing so no plans on sps. Other things on my mind are a macro fuge,skimmer,auto top off,fuge light for the macro.....geez. So much to consider. I don’t want a congested look though in the overflow area of the cube so I may keep it simple. Open to all suggestions and constructive criticism. Thanks.

Welcome to NR! 😊

Take a breath and start by looking at other members tank journals for inspiration and equipment preferences. 

• Like 1
GetPsyched2124

I agree, start reading through the tank journals, especially those from the tank of the month winners. there you'll find a lot of inspiration, ideas, and learn from their mistakes so you don't make them. 

• Like 3

Find someone's tank you like and read their whole thread.  It is really interesting to see the turns, what worked, what didn't etc. etc.  The 29 gal is a nice tank, start your own thread, I'd love to see pictures  😊  Welcome to reefing (careful, it really is an addiction) 😜

• Like 1