inTank Media Baskets

Nano tank

Kelly89

My name is Kelly and I’m kind of new to the salt water life. Recently got a 16 gallon bio cube and it’s been a few months. I have Live sand, live rock, a bunch of algae, 2 nemos, snails, a shrimp and crabs. Do i need to put empty snail shells in the tank for them to grow into??

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kelly89 said:

My name is Kelly and I’m kind of new to the salt water life. Recently got a 16 gallon bio cube and it’s been a few months. I have Live sand, live rock, a bunch of algae, 2 nemos, snails, a shrimp and crabs. Do i need to put empty snail shells in the tank for them to grow into??

Welcome to NR! 😊

if you have hermit crabs they will need shells to change into as they grow. 

• Like 1

Id like to eventually get a goby. And then as far as corals, def a frogspawn for nemos and some other little ones. Maybe a mushroom, dont know all the names yet. I have algae growing on a specific rock. Its brown and hairy, is that ok? The clean up crew seems to be doing a great job getting rid of it

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kelly89 said:

Id like to eventually get a goby. And then as far as corals, def a frogspawn for nemos and some other little ones. Maybe a mushroom, dont know all the names yet. I have algae growing on a specific rock. Its brown and hairy, is that ok? The clean up crew seems to be doing a great job getting rid of it

A little algae at first is no big deal and quite normal. Is it that rock on the very top? 

Welcome to nano-reef!

Nice live rock! Looks like great coralline coverage. Green/brown algae is normal in a new tank just keep your nitrates and phosphate low to prevent them from growing out of control. 

Beware of corals, they are highly addictive. 

• Like 1