Cultivated Reef

Reefjunkye’s Nuvo 14 Peninsula

Reefjunkye

7 hours ago, sean86114 said:

Day#14

NH3=0.5

NO2=1

NO3=100!!(maxed) should I change water?

Got a bottle of the tiger pods as recommended by my LFS, now, do I start adding the pods now or after my tank is fully cycle? I couldn’t resist added like 2 caps into the chaeto chamber.. 

48955587467_fe99c58266_b.jpg

Not seen them spelled that way before

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.e684e824f883be40ce8339af2c141ffb.jpg

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Not seen them spelled that way before

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.e684e824f883be40ce8339af2c141ffb.jpg

Haha I know right? I did actually went to YouTube they actually pronounce it tee-gger pods lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tired of posting my parameters here probably no one cares lol.. tank has algae blooming got lots of snails mowing at it. Ammonia is undetectable but still have some nitrite and high in nitrate even tho after 50% water change still dosing MicroBacter7 and added an entire bottle of tigger pods... when should I do another water change? 

I’d say go a few days between water changes. You still need the bacteria to settle in and colonize. They probably aren’t too bothered by the nitrates.

• Like 1

It's brown algae - those are oxyegen bubbles - time for another WC in the next couple days and some more snails - curious if you are dosing / feeding anything yet?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

It's brown algae - those are oxyegen bubbles - time for another WC in the next couple days and some more snails - curious if you are dosing / feeding anything yet?

Thanks for the advice, I was freaking out when I see the bubbles, I have 5 truchus snails 10 of the one on the picture above, 3 mini blue legs hermit, one Halloween hermit (get into the October theme lol) and one turbo snail. I think is too many already lol 

dosing MB7 (1/2 cap morning 1/2 cap night) ohh and dump a entire bottle of tiggers pods the other day 

gonna have to move my livestock from my biocube soon. My other half is bitching at me already sign...

NP. Right, the MB7, thanks - I was wondering why your nitrates keep going up so much. At this point, I would suggest using the MB7 only when you do changes in stock / scaping / feeding / etc... I think feeding a little frozen brine or mysis would be a good idea to get some more natural ammonia in there and feed the pods. Not sure if you have, though is it possible to move some live rock from your biocube? That may finish the cycle overnight. I don't think you're overstocked on CUC, 1+ snail and hermits per gallon is not an uncommon demand - if the algae is growing faster than it's being consumed, still add a little more of what will eat it.

my fish store recomended me to use something call "stability"? isnt that the same thing as the MB7? no, I cant move the base rocks to the 29 cuz it has dino, this why I started a new one from the bare bottom. plus my rock work is glued, because I have plan to have rfa on the bottom of the tank, dont want any acidental rockslide on to them lol. based on my knowledge of the MC7, it supposed to bring down all the nutrients. I will probably add a gsp to test out how it gonna do. softies loves NO3 (correct me if I am wrong) lol.. 

• Like 1

Day... I don’t even know lost track.. 

HN3 =0

NO2 =0

NO3 =10 (after several water changes)

brown diatom is pretty much taken over by green algae, don’t know if it’s good or bad. Green algae seems tougher to remove or eaten by the snail. I am gonna pull the trigger soon and stock with some zoas and gsp. 

48985874883_09a7d07d96_b.jpg

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Reefjunkye said:

Green film algae appeared on the glass tonight. Cleaned with the magnet and came back within 5 hrs. Is this part of the cycle? 

Yup, just early day problems. The diatoms and green film algae will probably give way to cyanobacteria for a while too. 

• Like 1

Nitrate is down to 5 or 2(yay!) I will have to move over the livestock from my biocube ASAP. My girlfriend is yelling at me every single day... 

• Haha 1

Too busy to update... so I got a premium long fin black ice from Sea and Reef sitting on my QT for 2 weeks. He hasn’t been eating any Mysis,flakes nor pellets (soaked on garlic) but I have noticed a week ago that he’s been pick copepods off the glass then I have been feeding him tiggerpods ($35/bottle) used 2 bottles already, I can’t afford him anymore. What do I need to do ? But he’s like a wagyu class of clownfish... 

48961057172_594f5b58d4_b.jpg48960317858_98469be86e_b.jpg49027918317_6c26216f78_b.jpg49027875987_e2d5cc9a19_b.jpg

So I transferred all my livestock from the biocube. Everything seems okay. Today I did a little coraline seeding. Got lucky enough that my LFS lend me the magnet cleaner covered with coraline to see my tank. 

49036375996_67a33454d8_b.jpg

49036597582_4f46de35d5_b.jpg

scrapped the crap out of them with my grapefruit spoon

49036597517_22a47e4076_b.jpg

45mins of hard work lol 

• Like 5

uploading some pictures during stocking my tank 

49039651092_05a1793453_b.jpg

i had him since 2015 

49038928463_fde03709d0_b.jpg

got my SI from my frds tank (babysit for me)

49038929518_73205e7a82_b.jpg

picked up an ultra tiny six line wrasse (old time fav) 

49038929893_9fb5e75d8b_b.jpg

got 4 sexy and a anemone shrimp 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1