froodyzoa

New 1.4 Gallon Pico

froodyzoa

I'm new to the hobby but have been following for a while, and am in the process of setting up a 1.4 gallon pico tank. As far as equipment goes, there's a sort of built in Sump in the back with a sponge and extra compartment - I just put some extra live rubble in there from what didn't fit in the display. There's also a 25w heater and mini wavemaker on its way, along with a bulb (specs below). My plan is to get Dr. Tim's live culture and then wait a week or two before adding GSP - after that I'm not sure (probably frogspawn and CUC as needed). Is there anything I'm missing? 

Screenshot_20191010-163214.thumb.png.085459132055e669966b0a80dee049ec.png

(I'm planning on eighty percent water changes a week just because of the small size)

20191010_163448_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Ratvan

Filter floss. Either pads to cut to size or wool that you can just stuff in. What's the back look like for the flow of the water?

• Thanks 1

froodyzoa
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Filter floss. Either pads to cut to size or wool that you can just stuff in. What's the back look like for the flow of the water?

I can move the rubble if I need too - the flow isn't very strong right now. 

15707419353248934433252461577246.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ratvan
11 minutes ago, froodyzoa said:

I can move the rubble if I need too - the flow isn't very strong right now. 

15707419353248934433252461577246.jpg

I would dump the sponge personally, move the rubble to where the sponge was and place floss over that. You may want to DIY some form of media basket so you can place bio filtration and chemical filters at different levels.

The sponge will collect detritus and you'll soon get very bored and annoyed about cleaning it.

• Like 1