Dirté Sanchez

Super inflated or stringy euphyllia

Dirté Sanchez

Okay peoples! I have two torches and several small hammers that are rather shriveled or stringy. They also have been bloating some at different times during the day. The elegance coral is blown up like a blimp and then deflates to crumple in on itself. 

What’s changed? Got a new RedSea LED 90 light and since it bleached multiple SPS corals, I have it running at 10/15/25% and then back down in the same increment, total ramp up and down for 10 hours. 

Got a new ice cap gyre pump, the small one, and it’s set at 10% flow alternating pumps every 10 seconds. 

Water parameters have been stable. Water changes weekly of 10-12g. 

Can anyone tell me what’s making these corals act like this?

Ratvan

No idea, IME unless the head has a white or brown film over it, it usually pulls through. Mine sulk for a few days as well.

Could it be that they dont like the lighting or flow?

• Like 1

Dirté Sanchez
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

No idea, IME unless the head has a white or brown film over it, it usually pulls through. Mine sulk for a few days as well.

Could it be that they dont like the lighting or flow?

It’s possible but I’m trying to figure out which and see if someone has recommendations for it. I’ve already cut the light waaaaay back. The pump has never been on high settings.

• Like 1