ReefCleaners.org

New tank set up

Erik13

2 minutes ago, Erik13 said:

I’ll try to get a good picture tomorrow. They are bright they about light but a whole room

Brightness to our eyes doesn't matter....it's more about spectrum. If it is actually made for corals I would guess it is okay but curious nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Brightness to our eyes doesn't matter....it's more about spectrum. If it is actually made for corals I would guess it is okay but curious nonetheless.

I’ll ask tomorrow what brand they are I’m curious myself. I know he had corals before but then stopped taking care of them and they died

2 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

You'll wanna add a blue strip (or two) to that....or replace it, at your discretion.

I do have one with blue just have to add it 

• Like 1

Not sure what brand that is....it looks like the strips like panorama or buildmyled made but it's not those. Could be a Chinese copy I suppose.

I would hang both...I think it will so the job at least for softies and LPS at least.

You will probably lose a lot of par hanging them so high but you could start there and just lower it gradually if you see problems.

• Like 1

Not sure either, but it looks like a CurrentUSA Truelumen Pro strip.

Those'll work for now, but if you want to get a better fit, they aren't too expensive to replace.  Current also has controllable strips....the Orbit IC.

Agree with above....those are sorta made for being right on the tank....no lenses to focus it in the tank from further away than an inch or two.

Set up a new fish tank is very exciting stuff especially for beginners.After two months after setting your new tank, you can see lots of changes throughout this period most are natural and few are trouble makers.But Before you doing anything you need to choose the perfect place where your tank can be established. Below I describe some processes where you can find how to set up a new tank.
1. First and the most important things to plan your tank.
2. Prepare the tank, Need to clean the whole tank very well and positioning the tank in the proper place.
3. You need to add subtract and water. In this step, you need to wash the substrate and adding clean water to the tank.
4. Install all the equipment.If you have a problem to install the whole you can take help from an expert.
5. You need to add plants and decorations.
6. Cycle the tank properly.
7. After following the all wait 1 or 2 weeks then you can add the fish.