Coral Vue Hydros

Fixing a wiring mess... Nanobox repair

Reefkid88

So I just got a bunch of led stuff:

NBR v3.1 array

Mini Tide PSU

3up board w/ drivers

BF Mini..

I was under the impression everything was good from the seller,but apparently not. So I am trying to figure this out (sorry I'm little rusty) lol. 

With the BF @DaveFason the wires coming out of the BF that connects to the driver board,there is 4 wires. Idk how universal you are with the wire color but there is greenish,red,white,black. Am I safe to say only the black connects to the ground on the 3up board and the other 3 go to the pwm spots ? Or does the red tie into the the positive and I only have a 2 channel set up ? 

20190930_171334.jpg

20190930_171346.jpg

First image :

White, red and green wires. These are the PWM, connect to driver board PWM 1/2/3

Second  image -

Large wire grouping :

Red - V+ main power positive

Black - G main power ground

White/Blue - Royal -/+ White is -

Green/Brown - White -+ green is -

Orange/Purple - Moonlight orange is - 

Hope this helps!

-D  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DaveFason said:

First image :

White, red and green wires. These are the PWM, connect to driver board PWM 1/2/3

Second  image -

Large wire grouping :

Red - V+ main power positive

Black - G main power ground

White/Blue - Royal -/+ White is -

Green/Brown - White -+ green is -

Orange/Purple - Moonlight orange is - 

Hope this helps!

-D  

I'll let you know when I get home and mess with it lol. Thank you. 

@DaveFason

So does the wiring (in the middle port of the second pic above) matter as long as they are all connected properly ? I have:

Cyan/White/Blue: purple + and orange -

Royal/Violet: blue + and white - 

Mint: brown + geeen - 

As for the port that the power supply connects to the driver box,I have the red in the vss port,the black in the ground next to it. 

As for the BF I have black into the last open ground. Green wire in pwm #3,Red wire in pwm #2,White wire in pwm #1. 

I checked my router its 2.4,trying to blink up the BF Mini and after the flashing screen,the controller goes green for about 3 seconds then blinks red once slow and then 2 more times fast. I spoke with the fella at customer support follow what he suggested and nothing. Any ideas ? 

Looks like you wired correctly. 

As for BlinkUp. Make sure you are using the correct router PW. As well make sure your device is also connected to the SAME signal. 

-Dave

32 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Looks like you wired correctly. 

As for BlinkUp. Make sure you are using the correct router PW. As well make sure your device is also connected to the SAME signal. 

-Dave

Passwords are good,I even deleted all the info for the wifi and put everything back in and the wifi works on my phone. Used the same info for the wifi in BF and nothing. I'm sitting in my computer room literally a foot from my router and nothing. 

I'm on 2.4gz network,reset the router,took all the log in info out of bf and put it back in,brightness all the way up,held the chip side up against my phone and nothing. I'm getting 1 normal red blink then 2 rapid blinks after that. Initial light is green after the blinkup screen goes away then goes red. Then says configuring for about 2 minutes then times out. 

When I log into the app I get a cannot connect to server error,then asks if I am trying to change wifi blinkup or cancel..

Screenshot_20191002-161730.jpg

Now I'm just running into my wifi signal not be strong enough in my room so the controller is basically useless at this point. 

So I have a Storm X coming,so another question,do you know if the pwm wire header with plug into the Storm X Dave ? 

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Fixing a wiring mess... Nanobox repair