inTank Media Baskets

A couple more valid points have been brought up in this thread, especially the fact that a BioCube essentially has the same "display space" as a Nuvo 10, but you do get the additional water volume which will be more "forgiving" as you go about learning the hobby. Would suggest getting cardboard box and drawing out how you'd like your rocks to look and what kind of footprint. It was personally important to me for flow and cleaning to leave space around the glass for my gravel vacuum. 

BioCube

Heater (pref with a temp setting on it)

Filter Floss (Amazon or Hobby store - make sure it wasn't treated with chemicals or anything)

Carbon (Marineland is certified Phosphate free)

Chemipure/Purigen/Filter Sock if desired (some have, some don't)

Live Rock (or dry rock and let it cycle)

Sand

Test Kit (Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, PH - I also got a Alkalinity test kit as well, as I have to dose calcium carbonate)

Pretty low barriers to entry. 

If you're going RO/DI, I purchased this guy on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/LiquaGen-4-Stage-Reverse-Deionization-Portable/dp/B00LKF09IW/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=RO%2FDI&qid=1570031890&s=gateway&sr=8-14

Had it tested at two LFS and water was good to go. If it can clean Central Valley, CA water - it will clean water wherever you are. 

21 hours ago, banasophia said:

a power strip, one with on/off switches for each outlet are great. (If you check out my first post in my tank journal I listed links to lots of items that I’ve found useful starting out.)

I'm really new to this site and I don't know how to find that. I REALLY want a power strip that can do that. 

10 minutes ago, DailynJ said:

What metal braces?

I’m not 100% sure, because my tank’s a 16 gallon and I was able to use an ikea kallax shelf for a stand.

But I’ve seen reference to people reinforcing the Biocube 32 stand because it doesn’t seem that sturdy... I think they use metal L brackets like this guy shows... I would do a little research on this if you’re thinking of getting the stock stand. 

22 minutes ago, DailynJ said:

I'm really new to this site and I don't know how to find that. I REALLY want a power strip that can do that. 

Here’s the power strip I used:

Tripp Lite 7 Outlet (6 Individually Controlled) Surge Protector Power Strip, 6ft Cord, Black, Lifetime Limited Warranty & $25K Insurance (TLP76MSGB) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NZLYB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_OLvLDbMW58EZM

8107A863-1783-40E8-86C8-D71DBB6C2138.thumb.jpeg.168daeaa7d2871ebbd791b0ef4ba8a85.jpeg

And you can check out the first post in my journal, here:

• Like 1