Pod Your Reef

review Fiji cube AIO peninsula tank

devaji108

Now that I have had my FIJI cube 18.5 AIO aquarium for over a month I thought I would do a review for other looking at nano tanks.

we all know Fiji cube for making the AIO inserts for your standard tanks and turning they into AIO tanks.

but they also make other cool stuff that I did not know about  like:

sumps

HOB fuges 

and  even low iron tanks!

so I was shopping  around  for the "right"  couch side nano  the tank had to meet these criteria:

1. rimless

2. good looking and sexy the dems. (no not talking politics here)  had to be pleasing to the eye think golden ratio here 

3. peninsula

4. AIO - I wanted to keep this build a simple as possible.  I never had an AIO aquarium before so this was going to be something different for me.

5. pre-made I did not want to DIY a nano, all tho i did think about it, but quickly decided against it.

6. price point. needed to be with in a reasonably budget as this is not my main DT 

so off to the interwebs I go....after a few days of reading reviews youtube videos and forums I cam up with the fallowing tanks:

IM 20 peninsula  too long was going to be to much $$ for lighting + it was just to big for the space.

Im 14 peninsula  this is like a short fat person. I wanted to like this tank but it did not look good to the eye.

evo 13.5   almost bought this tank. tons of users and FB page out there just like the IM tanks.  + lots of after market MODs 

so far this was the best I found

then comes the Fiji cube 18.5 AIO low iron peninsula aquarium....

I was hesitate at 1st, as there not a ton of ppl that have them or that much info out there on these tanks. but I LOVED the dems of the tank it was just what I wanted   not to long where I still could light it with 1 AI prime. wider than taller, just by a bit. looks sexy as all get out and very pleasing to the eye. just what we all want from  a lover..err  I mean aquarium.

the foot print is 24" long x 14 wide X13" high the perfect little nano tank! 

6mm low iron glass 4" AIO area leaving 20" aquascaping space. 

silicone work was 1st class  clean and sexy just how we like it. no sloppy mess here..haha

tanks comes with black leveling mat, fijicube branded return pump, filter floss holder and plumping hose and lock line.

here is FIjicube website:

https://www.fijicube.com/

came packer really well:

image.thumb.png.656f19b08e5868e62c5fe3160ca3be02.png      

image.thumb.png.210ed14c0d6bc11fefbe100c2789bacf.png

image.thumb.png.c3c9446eedf3b79bb1a70047f2b4c32a.png

Leveling Mat

image.thumb.png.2bf51bd2604cf164332b7fdbb69d6f79.png

and here is all the goodies that come with the tank:

image.thumb.png.a4605abe05b3e8757226a07f49a11761.png

The Guys over at fijicube where quick to respond to my questions.  so far I really do love this little tank.

i'll post updates in another month or so .

but if you are in the market for a nano tank or heck not nano I would consider them. they have every thing from 10 gal to 38 for there AIO and all the way up to 142 gal for there external aquariums.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Humblefish said:

Thanks for the review! I've been looking for an AIO for my wife's office that is low maintenance.

hey humblefish good to see you over on NR as well!

I think you ( and your wife )  will like the fijicubes tanks I know I do.  the selling point for me was the foot print. + i always like supporting the little guys. 

let us know if she get an office tank so we can see the build.

• Like 1

more pics of the fiji cube:

the filter floss holder that come with the tank:

image.thumb.png.db770c43933f89d259e669618b633b83.png

image.thumb.png.803fa11c4891205a5f5e87ade1efd8ff.png

15W 800LPH return pump

image.thumb.png.31eb63b0a0ca18a1f3d5cd559f0958f7.png

and here is a pic of the tank and all the goodies it comes with:

image.thumb.png.ff7c3809bd64a31f86e723d578c255ab.png

I tell you guys. once you have a peninsula aquarium I think it will be hard to go back to a "normal"   I know not all have space for peninsula tanks but man I sure do love em. 

with this little fijicube we all can experience  reefing with a peninsula tank!  only took me... oh 6+ years to get one. no going back from here tho...LOL