Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What To Choose

OBXReef

I have been lurking on this forum for a few years. Trust me , I have learned a lot. My topic is what to choose. I'm still not sure which way to go, so I  figured  let's see what the people think.i came up through the old school of aquaria. My last two tanks that I had were both 125 gallons each. One was a Reef , the other a South American Cichlid. That was back in 1999 when I had to take both down to move from VA to Fl for a job transfer. Now twenty years later in the Outer Banks of NC I want to start another tank. I want to start off small, Pico, then gradually move up as time goes along. I have looked at the many threads on this forum, including the contest for a few years. I'm not sure if I want to start off as a jar/vase, aio as in Fluval Spec III or V, Lifegard Aquatics 4.1 or 3.8. Who knows a UNS 3, 4 or 5 gallon shallow. The only thing is it can not be Janky. The wife will not allow it. Your input would be appreciated.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OBXReef said:

I have been lurking on this forum for a few years. Trust me , I have learned a lot. My topic is what to choose. I'm still not sure which way to go, so I  figured  let's see what the people think.i came up through the old school of aquaria. My last two tanks that I had were both 125 gallons each. One was a Reef , the other a South American Cichlid. That was back in 1999 when I had to take both down to move from VA to Fl for a job transfer. Now twenty years later in the Outer Banks of NC I want to start another tank. I want to start off small, Pico, then gradually move up as time goes along. I have looked at the many threads on this forum, including the contest for a few years. I'm not sure if I want to start off as a jar/vase, aio as in Fluval Spec III or V, Lifegard Aquatics 4.1 or 3.8. Who knows a UNS 3, 4 or 5 gallon shallow. The only thing is it can not be Janky. The wife will not allow it. Your input would be appreciated.

Why not do an all in one 10 gallon? Small footprint but big enough to at least have some fish and corals. Sleek enough that the wife wouldn’t hate it....... hopefully. 😄

• Like 1
Just now, OBXReef said:

That could be a possibility. I really do like your threads @WV Reefer on simplicity with the 12 and 75 gallon.

Thank you.  😊

I look forward to seeing what you choose. Once you decide, be sure to start a build thread so everyone can follow along. 

• Thanks 1