Coral Vue Hydros

Need suggestions for buying 10-15 gallon aquarium

sg.sr6858

Hi Guys, 
I am from India. I'm a beginner at aquarium keeping. I love watching the fishes swimming in the fish tanks. I have an aquarium at home which is 30 gallons and now I want one at my office as well. So researched about wich aquarium would be the best for keeping at an office. I want a small sized aquarium since there is not much space to keep a large aquarium. I came across the Fluval Evo 13.5 and I was fascinated by its beautiful shape and size, it's not 10 gallons neither it's a 15 gallon. So, I wanted opinions of some experienced people. Is it the best option I got or should I go for other aquariums. 
Thanks in Advance.

2 hours ago, sg.sr6858 said:

Hi Guys, 
I am from India. I'm a beginner at aquarium keeping. I love watching the fishes swimming in the fish tanks. I have an aquarium at home which is 30 gallons and now I want one at my office as well. So researched about wich aquarium would be the best for keeping at an office. I want a small sized aquarium since there is not much space to keep a large aquarium. I came across the Fluval Evo 13.5 and I was fascinated by its beautiful shape and size, it's not 10 gallons neither it's a 15 gallon. So, I wanted opinions of some experienced people. Is it the best option I got or should I go for other aquariums. 
Thanks in Advance.

:welcome:

It is a popular Nano Tank, a lot of people on here have started with them, other options include the Biocube 16, IM Fusion 10 Gallons, Waterbox, etc

all have pros and cons

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, TheRealMatrix said:

I ran an Evo 13.5 for about 2 years with minimal issues. It really comes down to your lighting fixture, flow, and husbandry. 

What light did you put on the evo?

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had a fluval evo 13.5 for the last couple of months, the only weakpoints I can find are the lighting (it’ll grow corals but at a slow rate and they don’t look great under the whites, also there’s no ramp up/ramp down option) and flow (you’re pretty much obligated to get some sort of wavemaker). Other than that it is a true all-in-one system.

I really, really like it so far and there’s a decent amount of space in the sump given that it’s a nano tank. I’ve managed to fit activated carbon, filter foam, filter floss, GFO, a chaeto refugium, return pump, ATO, heater and lighting bracket all into the sump area, so the only thing inside the tank itself is the wavemaker.

Looks clean and neat but looks a whole lot better if you ditch the stock lighting and use a mesh lid instead. I found the stock lid was a nightmare to work with and would regularly dump unpleasant amounts of water onto the table I keep the tank on whenever I needed to do anything in the tank. Putting the two sections of lid back on can be an unnecessary hassle too and it becomes a real nuisance considering you have to take the lid off to do pretty much anything with the tank besides feeding. 

Would definitely recommend this tank though, for the price you’re unlikely to do any better. 👍🏻

• 4 months later...