Top Shelf Aquatics

I’m fairly certain my nem ate my hermit

Thetravelguy

I mean I know it *can* happen. As people say nems tend to be opportunistic. My new BTA is doing great, has been open and beautiful. Just checked on him and he is all sorts of curled up. Upon closer look it appears he is eating a hermit 👀. I’m not particularly upset, it happens. I’m just surprised is all. Does anyone else have experienced with nems eating  their CUC? The picture kinda sucks but those little red legs are kinda a dead giveaway 😅

15506755-8CFC-454C-8C33-628C09ED0FCD.jpeg

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I've had them stick to a nem but not be eaten.

It can happen.

Donuts feed the nem?

I am going to assume that question means do I feed the nem? And the response to that is that I’ve had it only 4 days. I had read I should wait until after the first week to feed it. So no, I hadn’t fed it yet. 

• Like 1

Any chance that's a shed hermit exoskeleton that just got swept into the nem? Unless it spits out the snail shell from the hermit, I wouldn't write that one off just yet. Hermit sheds retain a lot of color and really look like hermit legs.

• Like 2

Update..it appears to have been my peppermint shrimp😭. It *is* possible it was just a molt however I do not believe it was. I have checked all his normal hidey-holes and have seen him nowhere. I am also still missing a red hermit 🤔

031C924D-6656-4F59-B9CC-08B2173893E1.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh yeah, looks like your 'nem ate the peppermint for sure. I reckon it sucked out all those juicy innards and then spit out the indigestible exoskeleton. Isn't nature amazing? 😅

• Like 1
22 hours ago, billygoat said:

Oh yeah, looks like your 'nem ate the peppermint for sure. I reckon it sucked out all those juicy innards and then spit out the indigestible exoskeleton. Isn't nature amazing? 😅

Yea it really is! I’m not crazy about it eating a $10 meal, I don’t even get myself those 😂😂😂 but whatever. Circle of life or whatever 😅🤷🏻‍♂️