Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spencer88 6.8g journey

Spencer88

Let my mistake today teach you.. I came home from work and my fish was dead on the bottom. checked the salt level and it read 1.025.  I sat there for a min and thought damn I have calibrated my refractometer in awhile... WELL THE THING WAS OFF AND NOT READING RIGHT. So after I calibrated it the salt read 1.019.  Anyways moral of story don't forget to check it weekly 

Everything else checked out fine in the tank. 

27 minutes ago, Spencer88 said:

Let my mistake today teach you.. I came home from work and my fish was dead on the bottom. checked the salt level and it read 1.025.  I sat there for a min and thought damn I have calibrated my refractometer in awhile... WELL THE THING WAS OFF AND NOT READING RIGHT. So after I calibrated it the salt read 1.019.  Anyways moral of story don't forget to check it weekly 

Everything else checked out fine in the tank. 

I doubt it’s your salinity. My LFS keep their fish only display at around 1.017 and it’s been running for over 2 years just fine. 

55 minutes ago, Chaozu said:

I doubt it’s your salinity. My LFS keep their fish only display at around 1.017 and it’s been running for over 2 years just fine. 

Well everything else checked out fine. 

23 hours ago, Spencer88 said:

Took a close look at the tank today and noticed a couple of white copepods on the back wall crawling around!

Hey awesome! Those guys are always a welcome sight. 😊

How's the tank looking? Any recent pictures?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...