Tired

Tinitanks (pending) 5gal pico- everything in quarantine for now

Tired

11294302-FFC4-4B21-989B-C6DAE33C274C.thumb.jpeg.411cfeb46e12e5f865e3aea30d8b4616.jpeg

Some kind of worm. The black end is the head. Not sure what it is, aside from bristly. Also, my one remaining aiptasia. Striped!

1BB19414-7132-49AD-AEFD-EA27E7DC554D.thumb.png.73220218230881088ea5b0cc375f1e3c.png

Sandman the crab, after being gently pipetted clean of the majority of the slime. I love the secret little spots on his claws. He’s very dainty in searching for food. Also, one of my favorite zoa colonies. The red ringed ones are nice, but I love the spotted ones! Their skirts are kind of mottled under blues.

• Like 3

Tired

Exciting set of things coming in. I got some "designer" stuff! Couldn't pass up the Cyber Monday sale, combined with the "whoops, we sent you the wrong coral last time" coupon code. They didn't have the Mohawk zoas that I didn't get last time, and I still want those (gotta get em somewhere), but I found some really exciting things.

image.png.d9f5d4d5e704c4a5c7ec96ec9bc85293.png

Can you tell that I like patterns and dark colors? 

• Like 2

Tired

My order came in, and appears to be all the right stuff. It's not open yet. Hawaiian Ding Dangs at the top, then Goblins On Fire, then Black Hole Suns, then Ultimate Utter Chaos, then Rose Nebulas. This is them in the iodine. They got temp-acclimated, then I put them in a few cups of tank water with a couple drops of iodine. Corals seem to like that.

image0.jpg?width=473&height=630

Also, I reorganized the rocks, and uncovered this coral skeleton that I spotted earlier. And, surprise! It's alive! That puffy brownish bit is living flesh. It extends and retracts properly, and appears to be growing a tiny new polyp. Which is pretty awesome.

• Like 2

Tired

Welp, the stony's gotten even puffier, so I think it likes being there. Fairly sure it's a starlet coral. 

And here are some pics! As usual, the colors kinda suck. These look nicer in person. I need to figure out how to photograph these better. Not sure if it's the camera, the lighting, or both- it's just a phone camera, but takes pics fairly well on land. But, hey, here's the corals. 

These are the Rose Nebulas. They were a little confusing at first, because I didn't realize from the pic on the site that they have green frills sometimes. I also have those tiny little micro zoos, not even a quarter-inch across. That's kind of a large frag plug, over an inch wide, but you can see those are tiny zoos there. Got the whole rock (including a cool brown fanworm) with well over a square inch of these neat fellas for $10. 

image1.jpg?width=473&height=630

Unknown micro zoo at the very top, then my Ultimate Utter Chaos, then Goblins On Fire. They're green and red, but it photographs TERRIBLY. 

image2.jpg?width=473&height=630

Hawaiian Ding Dangs, which I'm very happy with. I love the variability. Oh, and bottom left, a tiny zoa that just popped up recently. It's anchored in there, which is not the best spot for it, so I may have to try and chisel out the bit of rock it's anchored to. It's actually several inches deeper into the tank than the frag plug, it's not just small.

image3.jpg?width=473&height=630

Black Hole Suns in the top, then my Rings of Fire below them. Don't mind the angry ones, I moved the frag plug. These are pretty small, but I can't wait to see what it looks like when the whole plug is covered. These are the blackest zoas I've found for sale so far, and I like 'em.

• Like 1

Ratvan

Not sure what phone you have but I found that mine performs best white a white balance of 6500k. However I dont run blue heavy

Matteo

Wait so do you have a Tinitank or are ordering one? 

• Like 1

Tired

I'm getting one for Christmas. This is just a Petsmart 5gal for now, but I wanted to include my plan/future actions in the title. 

• Like 3

Tired

Update: I don't think these are eunicids, on second thought. I'm looking through the Lionfish Lair list of hitchhikers, and I think these are Dorvilleidae worms. Great news for me! No more watching to make sure they don't get any bigger. 

Though there's still that one questionable flatworm. It hasn't gotten any color like the polyclads in pictures, but it moves like they do. This isn't my photo, but I found an exact match to my creature. Anyone seen one of these? 

I guess worst-case scenario, it'll eat my snails and I'll have to replace them. At least polyclads don't eat corals and shrimp, those are the guys I really gotta keep around.

https://www.livingreefs.com/threads/white-worm-slug-flat-thing.48965/

20140117_195033.jpg

Tired

I found something cool today. Something shredded one of my macros again, a different kind. I don't know if it's my hermits or the chitons doing that, but something is. It got my maybe-gracilaria, what was left of the caulerpa my decorator tore up to wear, and the thicker maybe-gracilaria. Anyway, while I was looking for parts of the macro, I spotted something else. 

So I see this, and I think "that's either a sponge or a tunicate". I get my pipette and squirt it, and it retracts. So I move some things, and I lean around to the side of the tank to get a proper picture. Which takes some doing, I have to lean underneath a table. This tank isn't in the best position right now for viewing. 

image0.jpg?width=840&height=630

That's definitely a tunicate! It wasn't here when I put the rocks in, so it must have been pretty tiny at the time and grown. Hopefully that means it'll do well for me. It's pretty small, half an inch cubed or so. There's also some spaghetti worm "tentacles" in the shot, I've got a few of those.