inTank Media Baskets

Fire Shrimp

MylesOleary7

My fire shrimp seems to be hungry, if he doesn't get enough food he seems to scavenge around a lot and even go on corals looking for food, is this hurting them, should I try to feed him specifically and if so, how?

They are a cleaner shrimp and notoriously food oriented.  lol.  You can drop him a pellet or something if you want but he will eat fish food thats missed by the fish.  Mine goes crazy when I feed.

You don't NEED to feed him directly/intentionally unless you really are starving your tank.  

• Like 1
On 9/26/2019 at 1:30 AM, mndfreeze said:

They are a cleaner shrimp and notoriously food oriented.  lol.  You can drop him a pellet or something if you want but he will eat fish food thats missed by the fish.  Mine goes crazy when I feed.

You don't NEED to feed him directly/intentionally unless you really are starving your tank.  

Ok, thanks

Mine acts like a crackhead chasing a free rock giveaway any time I even get near my tank.  Every other week or so I'll drop him a sinking pellet or something since I don't feed heavy.  He will steal away as much food as he can get his speedy little grubby claws on and since they are so fast they are pretty good at it.  I could drop like 20 pellets in the tank and for sure he would get 90% of them.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:33 AM, Rob22 said:

Yep. Standard behavior. Even if you target feed it, it will likely still do the same thing. 

Thanks

16 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Mine acts like a crackhead chasing a free rock giveaway any time I even get near my tank.  Every other week or so I'll drop him a sinking pellet or something since I don't feed heavy.  He will steal away as much food as he can get his speedy little grubby claws on and since they are so fast they are pretty good at it.  I could drop like 20 pellets in the tank and for sure he would get 90% of them.

Thanks