Pod Your Reef

Cyano need help chemiclean safe ?

Jorge091293

I want to use chemi clean to clean up my rocks from cyano .. problem is I have an anemone will chemi clean kill it or hurt it in any way ? Is it anemone safe ? 
i already clean my rock my sand bed sump pumps protein skimmer but it keeps growing back in the same spots .. my anemone is a Sherman rose bubble tip anemone 

3895F4AF-CA8F-4B3F-B7FE-F393A80945C6.jpeg

CD521A3A-718F-4554-8186-1E3AAF90C83C.jpeg

D89F91CA-7BFC-4550-974F-E05C8E15B9D8.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't.

Can you post a pic of the cyno?  Can't see any in pics...or it's invisible in the lighting on your pic.  Try taking the pic in daylight or using a flash so there a more natural looking color rendition from the white light.

Can you also post a full tank pic that shows your flow sources?  (also with good lighting)

Also can you post the test results from the "Big 5":  calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, nitrates, phosphates.

Chemiclean is just a bandaid anyway. Cyano will just return.

And unless you have crazy high nutrients or the cyano is harming things I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even the nicest  tanks have a  bit of cyano now and again. We are keeping complex ecosystems theres no way to control everything and just because we might see something as unpleasant that doesn't actually mean it's doing harm. In fact it could be the opposite.

If it's an eye sore just get in there and manually remove what you can.

• Like 1