SaltCritters.com

? on coral placement

sadie

I think one of the heads of my new acan frag might have died.  There were def. 2 heads of orange and now I just see one.

I placed them on the bottom of my tank toward the front.  When I noticed this morning they were receeded again I moved them back a little out of the flow.  But then I started thinking about light.  I put them on the bottom to acclimate them to light, but what if the light they were in before was way stronger then what I have?  Then shouldn't they actually be put higher in my tank to get a higher light?

3 hours ago, sadie said:

exactly, I bet I don't, so mine probably shouldn't be on the sand, they should be up higher.  (I think)

Yes, I’d put them up higher with the biocube stock leds... if you can just set them up higher without gluing them at first that would be ideal, so you can see how they do in the new spot 

i moved one up last night and will move the other up this morning.  I haven't glued anything yet, we'll see how it goes.  I just hope Godzilla (giant turbo snail) doesn't knock them off.

• Like 1