SaltCritters.com

Kagt's Fusion 20 Reboot

kagt

Hi all, this is a reboot of my IM Fusion 20. I had the tank for a couple of years but when all my fishes died for some unknown reason, I got discouraged and broke down my tank. Thinking back I kinda rushed things so this time I want to take it slow and share my journey.

Equipment List:

Light: Nanobox Duo M
Filtration: 2x InTank media with Filterfloss
Heater: Cobalt Neotherm 75w
ATO: Tunze 3155
Stand: Nuvo APS 20
RODI: Spectrapure 75GPD 4 stage RODI
Salt: Fritz RPM

FTS: 09/23/2019

DSCF2628.thumb.jpg.4d894c528c02d82568ef221cdc2effc3.jpg

Spoiler

FTS: 09/22/2019

DSCF2605.thumb.jpg.2689c85b83211e57fba59e9d0f14ef9a.jpg

Finally set everything up last night,The aquascape is kinda meh, but I think that's the best I could do with my limited creativity lol. Filled up the tank and put in some Dr Tims ammonia and Stability to to cycle the tank, now the waiting begins.

Did a test this morning:

Salinity: 1.026
Ammonia: 8ppm
PH: 8.2
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

IMG_20190922_160635.thumb.jpg.acb058fa87692a30d7a655d05a8673d1.jpg

Ammonia is kind of high, not sure if I should do a water change or just wait it out. Anyways that's all for now folks

• Like 5
Christopher Marks

Welcome back @kagt! 👋

This is a great nano reef setup, lots of good equipment. With the cycle started you'll have some time to work on your aquascape and try different ideas. Have you tried stacking them with more space between each piece to create more voids?

What kinds of livestock are you hoping to keep?

• Like 1

Hey, thanks! I’m kinda excited to be back, there are some amazing tanks here for motivation. I kinda cement them so I can’t really fix them, might pick up a marine pure block tomorrow so I can continue to cycle while thinking of a new aquascape.

As for livestock, I think a Helfrichi firefish and a White stripe possum wrasse but they are kinda rare in Canada so I am not really sure when I’ll be able to get a hold of them. 

• Like 3
On 9/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Branching rock is a cool look! Should be good for mounting coral frags onto. 

Thanks , good to know. I wasgoing for the minimalist look. Now it's just a waiting game, can't wait!!

• Like 2
On 9/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, kagt said:

DSCF2628.thumb.jpg.ce7feb69d8e12618d3e2daa6817b8b54.jpg

Pretty busy day today, redid my aquascape. I think this is it guys. Hopefully there is enough room on the branches for the coral to grow on.

I would add some additional bio media (marine pure, maxspect,  brightwell) to the back section, especially if you plan to run the tank bare bottom and use branch  rock (which is less porous) 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, kagt said:

I added a 500ml of Seachem Matrix bio? they say 1-2 littre for every 100 gallon so I hope that's enough. Sorry I forgot to mention, kinda new to this journal thing.

You should be good then, just wanted to make sure you had enough Biological filtration (given the fish death history).