Innovative Marine Aquariums

Baby Chromis Care?

DSA65PRO

I had everything I could crammed into a 45 gallon from a failed 90 gallon. Recently bought a 65 gallon, and moved everything to that except some sand a two pieces of Live Rock. Yesterday I was going to tear the 45 tank down. Found five to eight plus baby Fish. What to feed them? I finely ground up some Flake food, mixed it with tank water and squirted in the area they were in. Yesterday I tried Reef-Roids. Can't tell if they are eating.

That's the only ones that could have bred. Only had a very small Yellow Tang and a Juvenile Neon Dottyback. Also I've seen them mating before, but never saw babies. Neon Dottyback probably ate the eggs, before. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, they are still alive, but not growing much. They are eating something, but can't tell what. I had major surgery, I'm just able to get back to my tanks on a limited bases. I did start a Brine Shrimp hatchery today.

• Like 1

They Might be Clown Fish. I had someone else’s Clown Fish in my Tank, for 4-1/2 Days, till they were sold. The owner moved Across the Country and couldn’t take them with them. I only had them four and a half days, though. The baby fish are getting a White Spot on their heads. 

• Wow 1

Most likely mysis shrimp. Chromis have only been raised once successfully in history, and clownfish need paternal care to survive to hatching. No marine fish larvae can survive in a display tank. 

You are right about them being Shrimp, I had one get in my Fluval Sea Hydrometer. It was a Shrimp, it has a similar shape to Mysis, but the eyes and color are different. By them time I got upstairs and down again, with my phone camera, it had left the Hydrometer. I’ve taken over four dozen pictures, but none clear enough to post. I’m hoping they are Pepper Shrimp. They are growing. 

• 4 weeks later...