Coral Vue Hydros

Magnetic Ledges

Poison Dart Frog

Poison Dart Frog

Anyone ever use magnetic ledges on the side of their aquarium so that you can mount some corals up higher away from everything else? They also make more lightweight ledges that you could silicone to the glass. I have one in my leopard gecko enclosure and it actually looks like pretty natural. Just curious if this might be a good idea for some of the taller aquariums. You could have a colony of one of the "pest" corals like xenia or gsp away from everything else. Or a zoanthid colony covering a ledge would look really nice.

71c+u4OoKEL._AC_SL1191_.jpg

71Np82oyAOL._AC_SL1250_.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Poison Dart Frog said:

Anyone ever use magnetic ledges on the side of their aquarium so that you can mount some corals up higher away from everything else? They also make more lightweight ledges that you could silicone to the glass. I have one in my leopard gecko enclosure and it actually looks like pretty natural. Just curious if this might be a good idea for some of the taller aquariums. You could have a colony of one of the "pest" corals like xenia or gsp away from everything else. Or a zoanthid colony covering a ledge would look really nice.

Never used those but I have magnetic islands in my 75 gallon. They work great. 

6 minutes ago, Poison Dart Frog said:

Nice, those look really great. Kind of a nicer version of what I was picturing actually. 

Bulk Reef Supply. 

NanoRox also makes some nice nano versions. 

• Like 3

I already know where I want them, now I just need something to go on them.  I ordered 3 coral that will be here tomorrow, but not sure any of them would work good for the ledges.  (1 candy cane and 2 acans) 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Poison Dart Frog said:

thanks for posting this, I never knew something like this existed.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Poison Dart Frog said:

I got one of the nanorox in the mail. Very nice, it looks just like live rock. I glued a favia to the small frag plug it came with. 

20191005_203135.jpg

Very cool. 😊

• Like 1