Innovative Marine Aquariums

What is this

Juice780

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

They look like zoa or paly polyps? But do you ever see them opening up at all? They shouldn’t be spreading if they aren’t open and getting enough light to let them survive?

They pretty much started from nothing. They seem to open up and extend a little during the day and retract at night. They are definitely growing and I thing I can tell something is in them but can’t make out what. I don’t have my light back yet. It’s suppose to come back tomorrow. It an ai hydra 26 hd. Had to send it off to have the fan fixed. Tank is only a week old. I bought it off craigslist. I started with fresh sand and used some of his rock which he had stored in a tub of saltwater for a few weeks with no flow. I figured everything was dead on the rocks. I guess not. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Juice780 said:

They pretty much started from nothing. They seem to open up and extend a little during the day and retract at night. They are definitely growing and I thing I can tell something is in them but can’t make out what. I don’t have my light back yet. It’s suppose to come back tomorrow. It an ai hydra 26 hd. Had to send it off to have the fan fixed. Tank is only a week old. I bought it off craigslist. I started with fresh sand and used some of his rock which he had stored in a tub of saltwater for a few weeks with no flow. I figured everything was dead on the rocks. I guess not. 

You really never know what will appear on your live rock🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...