Cultivated Reef

Pest Or friend I.D

Gtrain

16 hours ago, Gtrain said:

Can someone give me a idea about this one please. Started with 1 now have another pop up next to it and a couple small ones starting near by

2AD7F3BB-B58E-440E-8B75-EE81D6408D76.jpeg

F79126B3-A4E4-48AB-9307-7CE886008B1C.jpeg

969517CB-C853-4625-B480-0FA678DDC39F.jpeg

Can you see a mouth in the center?

is it hard or soft?

It is definitely soft. Moves in the flow. Can’t see a mouth it is so small. Would be half the size of your pinky finger nail.

I have a couple different zoas near by and what’s left over from a leptoseris coral, it was accidentally ripped out of place. That’s what you can see growing in two different spots the left  over parts that stayed attached to the rock work

• Like 1

So here is my best photos with whites only. The arrows point to the first one and the second that appeared a few days later. 

My my first guess was pest anemone but maybe the letpo babies 🤷‍♂️

8D9D03A4-42AC-4CC1-A800-129EAECD37D8.jpeg

F1146EC2-8189-4D0A-A870-68A1D0524701.jpeg

BC273E0C-1613-4A05-A75D-7842C40C9CD6.jpeg

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It really does look like a baby lepto, but that’s really weird, leptos don’t spawn like that, at least I didn’t think so. It looks kinda like a mini maxi anemone or a rock flower.

• Like 1

So never had a maxi, rock flower or carpet  anemone in the tank so ruling that out. Was thinking a manjanos but not sure about that. Best guess is a lepto part was left and has finally got big enough to re grow. Will update once it gets bigger

When corals are really tiny or are regrowing from small pieces of tissue, they often "inflate" a lot, with only a small piece of skeleton in the middle. This could account for the soft texture

• Like 1