Coral Vue Hydros

20 gallon marine stocking list

JACOBJNY320

Hey, I want to start a 20 gallon saltwater tank and have been thinking of what fish to add to tank. I was thinking of adding 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 firefish and a pajama cardinalfish. As for the clean up crew I was thinking of adding 2 or 3 cleaner shrimp, 5 or 6 hermit crabs and 3 snails. 

is this too much of a bioload?

Will the tank be too crowded?

Will they get along or get aggressive?

Are there any good soft corals that would do well in the tank and not spread too much?

I'd sat that is your maximum for a 20G, I currently have four fish of similar size in my 30G and it is working very well, although I do have two more fish in quarantine.

Just small advice, maybe consider a hood for your tank or some kind of cover if you don't already have one to prevent the firefish jumping out. Also I'd go slow with the clean up crew, I personally wouldn't add hermit crabs as they have killed my snails in the past but it's personal preference. Not sure what will happen with 3 cleaner shrimp in a tank that size, maybe just research that one if you haven't already, I'd love to have multiples in mine if it was possible but they're about $275 each here at the moment!

GetPsyched2124

I agree, sounds good but wouldn't add anything more to that regarding fish. mine, in process, is similar. i'd suggest adding the fish in order of firefish first, then cardinal, then clownfish pair together. the bioload can change with the snails is they decide to breed. I had 3 margarita snails at first, in my 20g. then one day i saw dozens of pin point size snails on the glass. now i have counted over 40 that are about the size of an eraser head that i need to get rid of.