Coral Vue Hydros

Aquanano 30

bboi84

So I have coming 2 Aquanano 30s (just tanks) one for a Betta and one that I am going to use as marine. Trying to keep the tanks and equipment the same apart from the obvious water type. 

Thinking about what equiptment i want for each tank so far I’m thinking 

marine 

flow from either the usual stock pump or going for the innovative marine mighty jet as it allows for wave function. With a rfg?

Would this be waaay to powerful for the 22l???

Light either fluval sea nano led that connects to the app. Or the asta 20.

dont know much about the asta but people seem to love it. But not much info about the fluval but love the tech and only around £90 too good to be true??

Any help greatly appreciated 

The mighty jet is a great pump, if it will fit and its controllable.

You could go with any upgraded pump with the rfg nozzles

I love my rfg nozzles.

I run the asta on my 2.5g, it's ok but I got much better results with the ABI tuna blue.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIPARGERO-LED-Aquarium-Light-Saltwater/dp/B0757DW5M9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=reef+led&qid=1568615449&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTlE1Q1I2RVZTT0dYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjYxNTEzMTJENzRCTzQxV0daJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMjE4ODEyNlJVVzhSUFkxN09HJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This has become a popular light 

Yeah I’m thinking an rfg for sure. Just not sure how the stock pump would work so as it doesn’t come with a pump thought it would be good to start with top spec equipment. 

Yeah i I had seen that light but I really want something controllable. Which is why the fluval is winning right now just has so much to it but not with a ridiculously high price 

6 hours ago, bboi84 said:

Yeah I’m thinking an rfg for sure. Just not sure how the stock pump would work so as it doesn’t come with a pump thought it would be good to start with top spec equipment. 

Yeah i I had seen that light but I really want something controllable. Which is why the fluval is winning right now just has so much to it but not with a ridiculously high price 

Controllability is nice but not necessary. 

A better quality light is more important.

I know a few ppl on here had the fluval and ended up switching to other lights.

$90 for a light isn't really that high.

Average here is $200+ for a good light.

• Like 1

yeah that was kinda my thoughts with the fluval. that it was too good to be true my old light was a tmc luminaire v2 for my 120l and that had a fair price point im also keeping my eye open at kessil and ai primes. but for them to match with both tanks im looking nearer the 400 pounds mark. but people have said some good stuff about the asta. in their picos so may see how i get on with one. just wish it was a bit more controllable with times etc. i will have to have a look about again when the time comes for lights. 

3 hours ago, bboi84 said:

yeah that was kinda my thoughts with the fluval. that it was too good to be true my old light was a tmc luminaire v2 for my 120l and that had a fair price point im also keeping my eye open at kessil and ai primes. but for them to match with both tanks im looking nearer the 400 pounds mark. but people have said some good stuff about the asta. in their picos so may see how i get on with one. just wish it was a bit more controllable with times etc. i will have to have a look about again when the time comes for lights. 

Shop around.

The hipargero is a far better light to the asta.

I wouldn't buy the asta again if it were me unless for an additional light. 

That's the asta on  2.5g. If I could put it higher, the spread would be better but other than 2 corals, nothing else has grown in 6 mnths.

20190820_214215.jpg

• Like 2

For colour the Asta 20 has been great, for growth not that good (unless you want Mushrooms). I wish I had gone the next step up and picked up the Pixie 30. The Aquanano is 22 litres if I am correct? The Asta 20 would work but I wouldn't try SPS Corals with it. 

so the tanks have arrived and I have moved my dry rock into a scape and added a second bit of rock which I still need to modify. pic will be below I will be starting a tank journal today so I can keep myself up to date on what's been going on in the tank. still yet to buy any other equipment for it 

IMG_4291.jpg

so I decided the rock on the top was way to large and left very little space so after some rock hunting yesterday I decided on this piece instead. see pic. which I think is a much better size and also leaves more room at the top for corals etc. also chatting to one of the guys at work and he had a 500l pump kicking around and also dual head duckbills so that's the pump sorted for this tank. not just the lighting to decide on then this tank is pretty much ready to go.  anyone got any ideas on lights. I may have the option of a used ai prime that the guy wants £100 or if there is anything else that would be a good light to use  

IMG_4319.jpg

18 minutes ago, bboi84 said:

so I decided the rock on the top was way to large and left very little space so after some rock hunting yesterday I decided on this piece instead. see pic. which I think is a much better size and also leaves more room at the top for corals etc. also chatting to one of the guys at work and he had a 500l pump kicking around and also dual head duckbills so that's the pump sorted for this tank. not just the lighting to decide on then this tank is pretty much ready to go.  anyone got any ideas on lights. I may have the option of a used ai prime that the guy wants £100 or if there is anything else that would be a good light to use  

IMG_4319.jpg

The smaller rock looks better and gives you more room, especially in a small tank.

Lighting wise 

AI prime

Kessil a80

Hipargero/aqua knight

Par38 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

The smaller rock looks better and gives you more room, especially in a small tank.

Lighting wise 

AI prim

Kessil a80

Hipargero/aqua knight

Par38 

I much prefer the smaller rock and still gives lots of space for putting corals.love the shadowing it seems to cast. will be good for when I get a sun coral.

yeah I'm probably gonna go for the prime that a work mate is selling.

I've just got a job at my LFS so its agony not having a tank at the minute so wanna get this set up pretty sharpish 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

think that im now gonna go with a par 30 and keep it slightly lower tech and means I should be able to order the lights a bit quicker but all these par 38 bulbs confuse the hell out of me. and don't really know where to look 

• Like 1
On 10/28/2019 at 6:20 PM, bboi84 said:

think that im now gonna go with a par 30 and keep it slightly lower tech and means I should be able to order the lights a bit quicker but all these par 38 bulbs confuse the hell out of me. and don't really know where to look 

Abi tuna blue or coral compulsion for par 38.

• Like 1