Cultivated Reef

Duo not turning on

kimberbee

I just sent Dave an email, but thought maybe someone else would have an idea until he's able to get to his email.

I noticed this evening that my duo lights hadn't turned on. I tried turning the whole unit off and on again, the imp card blinked red/orange and then green a few times, but the lights still didn't come on. 

I tried to re-do the blink-up again, but it doesn't seem to be able to "connect to the server" on the ap. Though the imp still blinks green. I did also try to reset our wireless router for the house as well as my phone and that didn't work either. 

Any other ideas? 

Electric Imp looks like it is all operational, so shouldn't be any issues there.  http://status.electricimp.com/

And here are the exact blinkup codes if it still isn't coming on. https://developer.electricimp.com/troubleshooting/blinkup#current-codes

Wait, derp, if it blinks green at the end then that means that it is connected properly. The drivers for the LEDs might not be coming on, then. There really isn't much to check without taking the driver box apart, unfortunately, because the drivers and controller are all powered by one connection.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jedimasterben said:

Wait, derp, if it blinks green at the end then that means that it is connected properly. 

Dave was pretty responsive this weekend, though it seems you're right and there's something wrong in the driver box - which is the conclusion I think Dave and I came to as well.

Not sure if it's something my husband can/should open up and check out. Waiting to hear back from Dave.