inTank Media Baskets

Kessil a150 w lights-yay or nay?

Saltyfox

I have an opportunity to snag 3 kessil a150w deep blue spectrum lights for 150.00. The deal is nice but is it dumb to buy discontinued fixtures? Will I be able to get any parts if needed? Thanks

GetPsyched2124

if they're lightly used or new,I'd go for it. Especially if you have a tank that would need three of those lights, plan on keeping corals that require higher light. they're supposed to last quite awhile and I haven't heard much if anything at all about pieces breaking, so i don't think them being discontinued would really matter much.

• Like 1

Any idea if they work without a  controller temporarily?

7 minutes ago, GetPsyched2124 said:

if they're lightly used or new,I'd go for it. Especially if you have a tank that would need three of those lights, plan on keeping corals that require higher light. they're supposed to last quite awhile and I haven't heard much if anything at all about pieces breaking, so i don't think them being discontinued would really matter much.

Just now, Saltyfox said:
8 minutes ago, GetPsyched2124 said:

He says he used them almost a year.

GetPsyched2124

from what i've read, the a150w are not compatible with an external controller. you just plug them in and they're good to go. they don't have a dimmer and are on at 100% when turned on.

• Thanks 1