inTank Media Baskets

new 5.5gl nano reef

SAILFIN

Hi folks started a 5.5 nano about 2 weeks ago, have about 10 or so lbs of ls an 12 or so of Lr, all the live sand and rock, i robbed from my 100 Gal reef, so its full of critters, macro, shrooms, and the like. I was wondering what would be some good coral additions to this tank, its not running to good of lighting only26 watts PC, 1 daylight 10000k and one actinic, also on the line of fish or 1 fish any suggestions, i will be posting pics in a couple hours to show the progress of tank. any info of recommendations would be appreciated

Hi Sailfin,

Just use the "IMG" button that's right above the window where you type in your post. That works better than trying to attach images (if you have them uploaded to a webserver, that is)...

Just get a webhosting account on www.nano-reef.com and use that for your pics :)

Hey I have the same tank!! 39.99 at Wally World. How did you arrange your lights? I took the original stock light out and put 2X13w work lights from Lowes in mine. I changed the bulbs to 50/50 so the light would be even and not 10,000 on one side and actinic on the other. I took the switch cover off mine to alow a vent and the accessory door off the back staying right at 79 or 80 degrees.

I am planning on putting Frog spawn, yellow zenia, zooanthids, ricordia, and braireum.

Also check out printerdown01's site he has a list of what corals to put in a tank with several lighting perameters.

http://www.geocities.com/printerdown01/lig...g.n.corals.html

the lights I ordered from A-H Supply its 2 13w ballast and reflectors I had to modify the hood a bit and the filter, IE no bio wheel put a plastic cover over the mini sump area to prevent splashing, all there was room for was the 2 reflectors an bulbs, ballast are remote located on the back of stand. as for any coral I'm gonna stick with what i frag out of my 100 Gal reef for now, temp stays right at 78-79 with no heater... climate controlled room plus i live in Arizona so the house is always a/c...lol with winter coming i have a heater on standby.

Archived