Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lets see those Controller boards

Heavyarms34

Cool and creative looking board! I just took a pic fo mine right now to post and your's puts mine to shame because it's soooo dusty. 

Left pic is when it was first set up and shows location. Right side now...gyre controllers on top and the jebao controllers in the middle aren't in use but kept it them there for quick switch while I clean the gyres.

447465350_IMG_48252.thumb.jpeg.4812b3151bd6a5f2ea683b5084bfce16.jpeg     IMG_7387.thumb.jpg.577d57987f6c5ef4956382f53c8c8e22.jpg

• Like 6
On 9/15/2019 at 2:59 AM, Heavyarms34 said:

That's a pretty dope cooling fan. How do you like it?

Thanks. I bought it on Amazon for $17.00. It is hooked up to a temperature controller/sensor that turns on the fan when temperature reaches 79 and turns on the heater when temperature drops below 77 (the heater itself has a thermostat as well).

I do not know how effective it is at cooling down the tank and luckily I recently moved into a new place that has central AC so keeping temperature under control has not been an issue. It is somewhat noisy, but what else would you expect from a fan? lol. It has a on/off switch and a dial speed controller. I am assuming it will be somewhat effective when it is directed at the top of the tank without a lid on it, but mine has a lid on it.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:43 AM, FISHnChix said:

Cool topic.. love seeing under the hood and really appreciate a clean setup!! Here is mine🤙🍻

20190911_194116.jpg

That is one neat sump area!

23 hours ago, Kangster911 said:

Thanks. I bought it on Amazon for $17.00. It is hooked up to a temperature controller/sensor that turns on the fan when temperature reaches 79 and turns on the heater when temperature drops below 77 (the heater itself has a thermostat as well).

I do not know how effective it is at cooling down the tank and luckily I recently moved into a new place that has central AC so keeping temperature under control has not been an issue. It is somewhat noisy, but what else would you expect from a fan? lol. It has a on/off switch and a dial speed controller. I am assuming it will be somewhat effective when it is directed at the top of the tank without a lid on it, but mine has a lid on it.

I went and found it on Amazon as soon as I saw it. I really like how sleek it is. 

• Like 1

All of my stuff was initally planned to be on a board.

Test board and cut out location before I used nice wood to match.

rs7dO65h.jpg

In the End I just mounted everything directly to the stand and tucked all my cords into a little box in the corner.  Everything that never needs to be accessed (power bricks, modules) was put on a board that slides under the stand.  Its on a board to assist with easier access if necessary and it keeps things off the carpet in case it ever got soaked.

ZZ00LjQh.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Hey old man river aka @spectra your new sump area needs to be listed here...😋😎

Its still a work in progress.................and not really a nano :lol:

Still working on the DOS and the back side of the electronics board..........

IMG_7672.jpg

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Its still a work in progress.................and not really a nano :lol:

Still working on the DOS and the back side of the electronics board..........

IMG_7672.jpg

Looks good.. needs some touch up paint  though Mr dirty hands... I know your ocd butt  wont allow those blemishes 🤣😘

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Looks good.. needs some touch up paint  though Mr dirty hands... I know your ocd butt  wont allow those blemishes 🤣😘

Thats not dirt.....................:rolleyes: all the wood is painted then sanded and well the wood comes through.............then waxed.............all the paint used is chalk paint............Annie Sloan.........

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

I always like seeing how folks organize their gear... there’s always unique ideas and inspiration. Here’s mine (in its standard messy state). 

DBBB0ECA-96FA-4D16-BEE2-6FD1BD21B165.thumb.jpeg.25958d4a55c3ad68ad914fcf844d7a10.jpeg

Tom

Tom that shark make the whole set up!

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

I have an old louvered door, that a kid slammed to hard. I've been thinking about cutting it down, putting a Bump out on one side of my stand, and installing all my controllers. You guys are giving me inspiration to start the wood butchering. The little side shelf would be useful too.