Jump to content
Tamberav

🌊 80g Shallow 🐠 - New Kitten!!

Recommended Posts

Matteo
15 hours ago, Tamberav said:

lol your tank looks fantastic already 🙂

Thanks! I just have that bigger upgrade itch..... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
19 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Thanks! I just have that bigger upgrade itch..... 

Well as soon as you run out of room for corals...... that itch will become a rash... 😛

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
33 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Thanks! I just have that bigger upgrade itch..... 

yep................it happens.............20 then a 40 didnt even set up the 40 :lol: had the 100 built............my dream tank..............well RS750 now...........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

yep................it happens.............20 then a 40 didnt even set up the 40 :lol: had the 100 built............my dream tank..............well RS750 now...........

Well I have some raffles in for that Red Sea 170 at CnC. That would be a nice and perfect upgrade for now because I'd gain about 7-10gallons of DT space. 

 

Also then I could sell a lot of my current gear for the new build. Of course that's if I even win 😂

 

Come late spring I should have a decent amount of finances setup due work going well and of course tax return. 

 

By that time my corals will be more grown in so I'll "need" to upgrade 😉 

 

Right now I'm thinking waterbox 70.3. But I may go smaller and get the 60.2 and go for the cube style again and resuse my light. Plenty of time to think about it. 

 

Of course PNWMAS classifieds always has nice builds for sale too 👀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Tank stand/glass is a bit of a mess, was messing around in it and forgot to put the doors on 😛 I am not very good about making my tank pretty and removing the lid or stirring the sand before I video or take pics so you get the nitty gritty reality! 

 

I am going to miss that macro in the DT when I pull it all out and put it in the sump :unsure: I have a tuxedo urchin in my 25g that would eat it all when they get moved over. 

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Poodges

Cool video, what site did you use to host the video?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
1 hour ago, Poodges said:

Cool video, what site did you use to host the video?

I just uploaded to youtube 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Working on the tank for HOURS today!! I was tearing down my LPS tank to move everything over here and wanted to go over every rock with a tweezers and peroxide to remove a few pests I know are lurking. So it was very time consuming.

All the macro was moved to the fuge to make room for corals.

I added my potters angel who was very unhappy in the 25g (it was for QT/conditioning). He would pace the glass back and forth like crazy. I am happy to report he is acting normal in the 80g. The more space/rock/caves has settled him down and allows him to peck/feed normal.

I also added my leopard wrasses. My Blue star leopard was feeding immediately after adding and Kuiter's went into hiding for an hour but is out now so that is good. None of the current wrasses are paying any attention to either of them.

Will update with a new FTS in the next few days. I stirred up the sand so it's pretty cloudy.

I also did my first water change, only about 7 gallons worth.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

My potters angel refuses to swim in the open when I am filming 😛 at least I get to enjoy him from the couch. I guess after catching him yesterday to move to this tank...he is not feeling very trusting!

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
14 hours ago, Tamberav said:

My potters angel refuses to swim in the open when I am filming 😛 at least I get to enjoy him from the couch. I guess after catching him yesterday to move to this tank...he is not feeling very trusting!

 

 

Gorgeous tank, scape and fish. Love the pairings that you have in there. 

I keep rewatching to follow a different fish each time 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

I love masstick as part of my rotation of food. It soaks up selcon like a sponge and provides an all you can eat buffet.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
On 12/19/2019 at 9:16 AM, Ratvan said:

Gorgeous tank, scape and fish. Love the pairings that you have in there. 

I keep rewatching to follow a different fish each time 

Thank you!! I am really enjoying the color an activity a larger tank can bring.

 

I have been trying very hard to avoid conflict and create a very active but relatively peaceful tank. 

 

Future fish plans:

China wrasse (leopard or black leopard could be substitute) 

Butterfly fish (copperband?)

Sand sifting goby (maybe???)

 

Tank will be done with fish at this point.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Crazy how I listed my fish wish list and go to the LFS today to see they got all of them in stock. What!?

 

I gave them a 30min peroxide bath per Humblefish's thread about that sort of stuff...

 

The wrasse acted like it was dying but she is just a drama queen.

 

The copperband also got a 60 min bath of Nitrofuracin Green.

 

Then all into the conditioning tank. The copperband is eating my dusters and the skinny wrasse is going to town on pods. The goby dug out a burrow.

 

The wrasse and copperband are delicate fish and difficult feeders so fingers crossed.

 

MVIMG_20191231_190137.thumb.jpg.fb64201e1bbc077ab4f94e1a609a6fcf.jpgMVIMG_20191231_190159.thumb.jpg.cd73549410a747d7bb24cc3b3fdbc4fb.jpgMVIMG_20191231_190220.thumb.jpg.63b9a300435d21b20c69c0aae4d6777e.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Better move those zoas or there going to be under sand soon with that goby :lol: my diamond spits it everywhere.............nice china wrasse and hopefully the butterfly eats for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
14 minutes ago, spectra said:

Better move those zoas or there going to be under sand soon with that goby :lol: my diamond spits it everywhere.............nice china wrasse and hopefully the butterfly eats for you.

All good, they are just hitchikers that made it into the 25g tank when I was moving live rock. He can bury em. 

Share this post


Link to post
YHSublime

Awesome!5 years ago I had a copperband, I sold it when I broke down my tank because I was moving, and the person who bought it had a power failure and lost it 😞

 

Here is a video of it eating from my fingers in my old 150:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
3 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Awesome!5 years ago I had a copperband, I sold it when I broke down my tank because I was moving, and the person who bought it had a power failure and lost it 😞

 

Here is a video of it eating from my fingers in my old 150:

 

 

Aww I lost a few fish to power failures....it sucks! Amazing video. Hopefully I can get this one through QT...they seem to get banged up when collected.

 

Right now it hates me and will only act normal and forage when I am way across the room. My potters angel is the same way.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

The fish in QT are eating. Some live some frozen but all eating.

 

MVIMG_20200105_183755.thumb.jpg.349bb0548dbaeb418a9b03b3a69b7a10.jpgMVIMG_20200105_195121.thumb.jpg.4c5bf3356510cd06d5edc499f89aba8c.jpgMVIMG_20200105_194853.thumb.jpg.17f9af12d71b587f290c67b58ecc7808.jpgMVIMG_20200105_195133.thumb.jpg.c392781a5f4480e3adc65a177cb082b8.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
48 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

The fish in QT are eating. Some live some frozen but all eating.

 

MVIMG_20200105_183755.thumb.jpg.349bb0548dbaeb418a9b03b3a69b7a10.jpgMVIMG_20200105_195121.thumb.jpg.4c5bf3356510cd06d5edc499f89aba8c.jpgMVIMG_20200105_194853.thumb.jpg.17f9af12d71b587f290c67b58ecc7808.jpgMVIMG_20200105_195133.thumb.jpg.c392781a5f4480e3adc65a177cb082b8.jpg

That’s good to hear. They are both so pretty!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

All is well on the fish front...

 

15 fish in the DT. 3 in QT... Most are juvies or small females. Overstock much? 😉

 

Thinking upgrade to 300g range to give them growing room after hubby graduates May 2021. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Just paid 70 bucks to have TWELVE snails shipped to me :wacko: 😫

 

The mini conch strombus snails from Hawaii, strombus maculatus. Hopefully they breed well in my fuge and I can sell them much cheaper but still make the 70 back that I invested in time. 

 

They are WONDERFUL snails.  

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
On 1/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, Tamberav said:

All is well on the fish front...

 

15 fish in the DT. 3 in QT... Most are juvies or small females. Overstock much? 😉

 

Thinking upgrade to 300g range to give them growing room after hubby graduates May 2021. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go big or go home!!! How do you manage feeding so many fish without your water chemistry getting all wonky?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Opotter
28 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Just paid 70 bucks to have TWELVE snails shipped to me :wacko: 😫

 

The mini conch strombus snails from Hawaii, strombus maculatus. Hopefully they breed well in my fuge and I can sell them much cheaper but still make the 70 back that I invested in time. 

 

They are WONDERFUL snails.  

IPSF I presume?  Educate me on these guys!  Are they like small conchs, cleaning/living in the sand bed?  Or are they more rock work/glass cleaners?  I’ve been thinking about placing an order with them and having a few other things like mini-stars added on the seed my 5 month old lagoon.  However..I’ve just added my first fish, pre-quarantined through one of the vendors on Humble’s forum, so now I’m hesitant on re-upping my clean up crew and introducing disease.. 😕 meh.  It would be my luck to buy healthy fish and give them ich or velvet from a damn snail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Go big or go home!!! How do you manage feeding so many fish without your water chemistry getting all wonky?

I don't know... I can't get nitrate above 0, I am actually trying to keep dino at bay. I saw some on the sand but flipped on the UV and dosed nitrate so I don't see it now. I think my old rock helps. It has been with me forever. That and I have my macro in the sump and run a medium sized skimmer. I stir the sand bed every 3 days but plan on adding the sand sifting goby to hopefully do that for me. I will have to put some extra rock or PVC under my rocks though or he will bury some of these corals.
 

I do feed my fish a lot. I want them to be healthy and fat and have a lot of debris in the sump. I ordered a connector to put on a maxijet to suck it out - hope it works!

 

212161-vividcreativeaquatics-mjpumpvacuu

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
ECLS Reefer
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I don't know... I can't get nitrate above 0, I am actually trying to keep dino at bay. I saw some on the sand but flipped on the UV and dosed nitrate so I don't see it now. I think my old rock helps. It has been with me forever. That and I have my macro in the sump and run a medium sized skimmer. I stir the sand bed every 3 days but plan on adding the sand sifting goby to hopefully do that for me. I will have to put some extra rock or PVC under my rocks though or he will bury some of these corals.
 

I do feed my fish a lot. I want them to be healthy and fat and have a lot of debris in the sump. I ordered a connector to put on a maxijet to suck it out - hope it works!

 

212161-vividcreativeaquatics-mjpumpvacuu

 

 

That's an interesting contraption! I've taken to stirring stuff in the sump every day with turkey basting the rocks and the top layer of sand. Seems to be helping keep the nitrates level. My rock isn't old enough to keep the levels at 0. They always hang out at 25. Everything looks happy though so I dont fight it.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...