Coral Vue Hydros

🌊 80g Shallow 🐠 - Plus cats!

Tamberav

Gorgeous setup, "poop" corals or no. 😉 I think it looks amazing! What a beautiful tank... I really love the dimensions. Some day I hope I can own something like this too.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Gorgeous setup, "poop" corals or no. 😉 I think it looks amazing! What a beautiful tank... I really love the dimensions. Some day I hope I can own something like this too.

21 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I think it looks great even under construction. 😊

Thanks for the kind words both of you! I have been wanting a 80g shallow for years but never had room for one... at least not without getting rid of the couch and water changes would have been a nightmare on carpet but this one is near the kitchen and the laminate floor lets me just roll a rubbermade over on wheels so it finally 'made sense' to get one. 

• Like 6

This is a really good size tank. I'm digging the aquascape. 

I wanted one of these tanks as my upgrade, but I found a 5'x3'x18", and I'm a glutton for punishment I guess! 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, YHSublime said:

This is a really good size tank. I'm digging the aquascape. 

I wanted one of these tanks as my upgrade, but I found a 5'x3'x18", and I'm a glutton for punishment I guess! 

That dimension sounds great too! 

Thanks friends! 

Just some 4am ambient light cuddles... 

This pair is like 5 yrs but the male is the tiniest male perc or occy I have ever had. My female kept him baby sized! 

MVIMG_20191114_041948.thumb.jpg.65b0d3911a5f5730cf92214f644097d1.jpg

My friend asked about setting up a fw tank which I know little about so I told him to set up a sw one. He actually did... A 29g with a Chinese led... Jaebo... And a aquaclear. 

He has actually been very successful with it so far but he's got the key ingredient, patience. 

I posted this photo because he was so excited today he saw one of his clowns in his BTA for the first time. It was a reminder to appreciate things in our tank we take for granted when we have been in the hobby awhile. Like owning our first hermit crab when they were super entertaining and their little habits so new to us.... or seeing our first corals grow and do well... even if it was just a Kenya tree or mushroom....

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I wonder if this algorithm can work with led's? 

That’s really awesome. Maybe someday that will translate into phone camera technology. 

• Like 3
On 11/14/2019 at 5:56 AM, Tamberav said:

A 29g with a Chinese led... Jaebo... And a aquaclear. 

Take out the jebao, and that was the exact recipe I used for my 5.5g 4 years ago. Transferred it to my 20L. And recently applying it to my 80g.

Flow and light is all a reef really needs.

Your friend needs to make a thread

• Like 1

My heater wasn't powerful enough for the tank at night so it was swinging from 72-77. I then tossed in a 2nd heater I had on hand and it was going from 77-79. I ordered a titanium finnex 500w to replace both and damnnnnnnnnn.. 78-78.5 swing... (all heaters were ran on apex btw!!)

Can see the big swing in the beginning to the moderate ones and now my baby one... :happydance:

image.thumb.png.1ff038022bce8ff1341c3989b1d561a9.png

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
20 hours ago, Tamberav said:

My heater wasn't powerful enough for the tank at night so it was swinging from 72-77. I then tossed in a 2nd heater I had on hand and it was going from 77-79. I ordered a titanium finnex 500w to replace both and damnnnnnnnnn.. 78-78.5 swing... (all heaters were ran on apex btw!!)

Can see the big swing in the beginning to the moderate ones and now my baby one... :happydance:

image.thumb.png.1ff038022bce8ff1341c3989b1d561a9.png

I ran a titanium on my 100 but now run 2 jagers on my RS tank............I think having 2 smaller ones on the apex works better..........I also ran 2 on my 100.........

2 hours ago, spectra said:

I ran a titanium on my 100 but now run 2 jagers on my RS tank............I think having 2 smaller ones on the apex works better..........I also ran 2 on my 100.........

2 wasn't doing it for me... Plus i hear it's less energy efficient and I hate cords. 

Mostly I hate cords. Why can't my power heads chain link and use one power supply. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

2 wasn't doing it for me... Plus i hear it's less energy efficient and I hate cords. 

Mostly I hate cords. Why can't my power heads chain link and use one power supply. 

Well we all know this hobby doesnt save you money :lol: I went with 2 also for size as one would have been to big for the area I wanted it in the sump.

Yes understand the chord thing...........I have 4 RS90 lights so 4 power bricks............along with 5 more for various items...........I cant stand it...........

• Like 1

Added my other wrasses, anthia and jawfish... they ate like 5 min after hitting the water. The coris was getting some grief but everyone calmed down after an hour.

• Like 5

My royal gramma has outgrown everything in the tank.... larger then my female clown. Seriously is pushing the max size 3 inches... A BEAST! He is LOVING the space, I put him in late last night... and he is all over the tank swimming and exploring, which is not very gramma like but he doesn't appear stressed... looks like he is looking for pods and food to feed his fat self. 

• Like 2