Coral Vue Hydros

🌊 80g Shallow 🐠 - Plus cats!

Tamberav

I have been working on filling the tank and finishing up plumbing, taking forever to fill lol Goodbye ez emergency 50% water changes. 

I wanted to plumb my red sea tank into this one but after counting the # of plugs and considering everything is on a 15 amp circuit with no way to change it (apartment), I will probably just run this tank alone. The computers and TV are on the same circuit too and I don't want to risk flipping a breaker cutting flow/power to the tank. 

Can't wait till my hubby graduates and someday get our own house, dedicated big ass circuit for the tanks alone imo!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I have been working on filling the tank and finishing up plumbing, taking forever to fill lol Goodbye ez emergency 50% water changes. 

I wanted to plumb my red sea tank into this one but after counting the # of plugs and considering everything is on a 15 amp circuit with no way to change it (apartment), I will probably just run this tank alone. The computers and TV are on the same circuit too and I don't want to risk flipping a breaker cutting flow/power to the tank. 

Can't wait till my hubby graduates and someday get our own house, dedicated big ass circuit for the tanks alone imo!

4713B3C3-A1C3-41D8-BF33-209AC248F2A0.jpeg.10658d0400b5c1a4f60a2dba4e38b660.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Well... it has started!! I love this kelp stuff! It may end up in the fuge.. idk... depends if I get a fish that might eat it... right now I am just tossing stuff in wherever. Will have to figure out a scape at some point which stresses me out!

MVIMG_20191103_162321.thumb.jpg.74b6d084e8a26c4012e3e13bec0c63d7.jpg

• Like 6

Well it's up and running mostly....not aquascaped as I just tossed everything in for now and I don't have the ATO or skimmer or anything set up but it's getting there.

Was super worried as I could not find my male clown this morning who I have had five years....then I spotted him inside a small breeder box where I had placed some anemone splits. Idk how he knew they were in there to jump in.

MVIMG_20191105_130004.thumb.jpg.c0bc63a85167a135c29c841a07951bf8.jpgMVIMG_20191105_132411.thumb.jpg.8700d6251c6bfc235fe783f37af171be.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
19 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Well it's up and running mostly....not aquascaped as I just tossed everything in for now and I don't have the ATO or skimmer or anything set up but it's getting there.

Was super worried as I could not find my male clown this morning who I have had five years....then I spotted him inside a small breeder box where I had placed some anemone splits. Idk how he knew they were in there to jump in.

MVIMG_20191105_130004.thumb.jpg.c0bc63a85167a135c29c841a07951bf8.jpgMVIMG_20191105_132411.thumb.jpg.8700d6251c6bfc235fe783f37af171be.jpg

1925354910_AnemoneandClownfish.jpg.5f2bd1700de6f14513a3c2bcdece962b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

My BTA split a few times and I posted it for sale and people keep asking me what name it is.

Do they want it for $40 or do they want me to name it and charge $200 for the same nem? 🤔

Under kessil set as white as I can... /shrug. 

MVIMG_20191108_191116.thumb.jpg.569809b4089ddc4cfa2bcc9817b3e024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

My BTA split a few times and I posted it for sale and people keep asking me what name it is.

Do they want it for $40 or do they want me to name it and charge $200 for the same nem? 🤔

I wish you were closer than Canada cause I’d for sure pay you $40 for the nameless nem! 😂

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I wish you were closer than Canada cause I’d for sure pay you $40 for the nameless nem! 😂

I love nano-reef because people here in general are not obsessed over dumb crap. People here can enjoy a $15 duncan and a $300 torch without losing their minds.  

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I love nano-reef because people here in general are not obsessed over dumb crap. People here can enjoy a $15 duncan and a $300 torch without losing their minds.  

It hurts my soul to spend over $30 for a single coral. Guess I better get over that though. Cheap coral days are numbered.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It hurts my soul to spend over $30 for a single coral. Guess I better get over that though. Cheap coral days are numbered.

Tellin' you guys... gorgonians are the future! 😁

Really sweet tank you've got here @Tamberav! Just read back through the set-up thread. Definitely super cool, and it looks beautiful. After following your other tanks I really can't wait to see what this one turns into once it gets all settled down. 👍

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Tellin' you guys... gorgonians are the future! 😁

Really sweet tank you've got here @Tamberav! Just read back through the set-up thread. Definitely super cool, and it looks beautiful. After following your other tanks I really can't wait to see what this one turns into once it gets all settled down. 👍

Thanks! I am totally excited not to do water changes on like 6 tanks lol.. won't lie! 

I love gorgs and have been wanting to buy some for... like a year now. I just have not pulled the trigger yet. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Ya know she’s in Wisconsin, at least her profile said so 😉

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Nice nem. $40 is awesome price!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, mitten_reef said:

Ya know she’s in Wisconsin, at least her profile said so 😉

Nice nem. $40 is awesome price!

Wisconsin..... Canada..... kinda the same difference when you’re in Houston.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Moved the scape around, I will have to change it up again when I add my LPS but it works well for now. I then added the Earmuff Wrasse and the Lubbocks Wrasse after the lights went off. They were doing fantastic in QT, eating any food I offered and ready to move over. 

My SPS look like poop since I moved to the new apartment, hopefully they rebound. 

• Like 5

Tossed in some powerheads and got the skimmer working. Tank is under heavy construction. I will need to re-scape again when I move the LPS over. The Lubbocks hasn't come out yet but that's pretty normal... he would hide a few days after any big changes.

One of my bulbs is 6500k hence the very white/yellow look...but it don't look too bad. I will buy new bulbs on black friday since they probably a year old by now. 

I am expecting the ugly diatom stage to hit soon from the new sand. I can see the faintest brown already.

My poop corals... they got stressed out and lost a lot of color with the move. Ah well. At least they are alive. 

MVIMG_20191109_195829

Juvi Earmuff wrasse 

MVIMG_20191109_201014

My female Perc.... I think she is 5 years now?

MVIMG_20191109_200730

• Like 9
  • Wow 1