Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

🌊 80g Shallow 🐠 - Plus cats!

Tamberav

2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Not sure...maybe less waste if used conservatively so the fish eat it all? 

My rock looks almost sterile from the front but the shaded areas have so much sponge.

MVIMG_20200219_185618.thumb.jpg.d74e88537119e86fb85c083250ba289a.jpg

So much color 😍😍

• Like 2

Fresh clams bought live which I freeze whole....then chop up and drizzle with selcon served on a bed of nori

That's what is on the menu today for my fishies!

MVIMG_20200220_150934.thumb.jpg.36c1eea5d8c51315d77ac784821fa8a1.jpgMVIMG_20200220_151005.thumb.jpg.d09e6834bc0d5cf218d5991b71e23f08.jpgMVIMG_20200220_151114.thumb.jpg.5ab417a0993508f95799c7cfdf01a58a.jpg

Ill-have-you-qppcwx.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 2

Live white worms for my fish today. They gross me out so I wanted you all to be grossed out with me lol...

It's even grosser to see them wiggling and the fish slurping them down like noodles....

MVIMG_20200224_123208.thumb.jpg.3f5c85d4954d6a60b26e679986f7d8be.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My view from the computer 🙂

The wrasse all swarm that corner when I am at the computer...."hey you got anything to eat? Hey..any snacks? Hey...hey..hey..got any food?"

MVIMG_20200224_153512.thumb.jpg.4c93d6e409af018f80dbb2548dbd747c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2
27 minutes ago, ef4life said:

🔨 and chisel. Or a grinder with diamond blade 

It's on a huge rock I don't feel like taking out. Every-time I take that rock out I make a huge mess 😛 Maybe I can just go at it under water with some bone snips... will probably break it into a bunch of frags but...

Tanks looking gorgeous!!

I would say that you should stick a piece of clear plastic between the two to prevent the hammer from touching it. According to Brandon, it should be close to invisible underwater. It may just give the favia some time to grow over some strategically placed frag plugs that can be moved later on

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up just ripping the favia off with my fingers. Some got left behind but I got a frag off so will find a better place for it to regrow.

Went to LFS today to search for tiny fish for my contest pico but ended up coming home with a frag of long polyp toadstool. Someone had traded in a bunch.

MVIMG_20200305_224012.thumb.jpg.16faa0cfd951c7800b87ef764d6dcb30.jpg

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly the tank is taking a hit due to my own mess up. I accidentally filled my top off container with salt water instead of fresh. It was 4am after work... came home to the pump running dry... was tired and wanted to just get in the shower and wash the germs off.... and I grabbed the wrong bucket. 

Some acro's started to STN... I had to work though so I waited 3 days... finally had a day off to test everything and found salinity at 1.038 :whoa:

I lost one fish (pygmy filefish) and just the acro's look like crap... everything else looks ok. The more hardy sps look fine. I am slowly bringing the salinity down.  

• Sad 6

I work at a hospital so my stress level has gone up and I guess mistakes and neglect are bound to happen... I need to go dig out my auto fish food feeder, I haven't fed pellets in YEARS but I think when the covid peaks here it will come to that. 

Luckily most everything seems okay and the acro's were not terribly expensive ones. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef

Happened to me before as well. Now, when in doubt, I just dip my finger in it and have a taste before adding to ato. 😅
Hope things are back to normal without other livestock’s taking a hit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Happened to me before as well. Now, when in doubt, I just dip my finger in it and have a taste before adding to ato. 😅
Hope things are back to normal without other livestock’s taking a hit. 

Thanks! Glad to know I am not alone... I feel pretty stupid right now as it was totally avoidable. Sleep deprived reefing is no good. 

I think my most expensive acro was only $50 but my torches were a lot more so 🙏

19 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I just dip my finger in it and have a taste before adding to ato. 😅

I knew I wasnt the only one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, JBM said:

Just a suggestion. Maybe color code your buckets/containers. Like jugs are r/o and buckets are sw. Or red is r/o blue is sw.

I usually keep them in different types of buckets but this time I didn't... one of my normal buckets had some old sand in it outsize and I was lazy... but ya I was like like doh... why did I do that. I think in all the sleep derivation and speedy frenzy I forgot I filled a different bucket this time days before. Hopefully I don't make that mistake again!!

The LPS look happy as shit still... I guess good thing I had some SPS to warn me before it got worse. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
On 3/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, Tamberav said:

Thanks! Glad to know I am not alone... I feel pretty stupid right now as it was totally avoidable. Sleep deprived reefing is no good. 

I think my most expensive acro was only $50 but my torches were a lot more so 🙏

Don’t be too down on yourself. It’s tough for medical people right now. It’s hard to keep all the strings from unraveling. If you don’t take care of yourself first everything will crash. 

• Like 2

In happier news... I special ordered fish Feb 10th from Bay Bridge Aquarium (they fully QT/condition fish for as long as you need). The Covid has made finding already a somewhat rare fish harder but they finally got some... it was held at the supplier 3 weeks but came in today looking good. They will now condition the fish to captivity and many foods and make sure it is disease free.

They said the suppliers are shutting down so if you have an eye on a fish, now is the time. 

They surprised emailed me photos when my wrasse came in 🙂

Hopefully shipping is business as usual....

image.png.6e1892f7664858e1a884365219963d21.png

image.png.41392863b024e8c1b107ff2e3c6c8799.png

• Like 8
  • 3 weeks later...

When it's dark..this awesome cowrie snail I got from reef cleaners comes out cruising...

He's not bothering the favia...just cleaning.....the top of that coral got it's butt kicked by a hammer coral.

MVIMG_20200418_060110.thumb.jpg.e3e54ffaa508a1deb1ceb921d8be7741.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1