Top Shelf Aquatics

Kessil ligting question

russ722

Im looking at getting a kessil a160, but confused .I've seen some post call them a160 and a160we.isbtgere 2 different models or is it the same? Does it work with the spectral controller?

1 hour ago, russ722 said:

Im looking at getting a kessil a160, but confused .I've seen some post call them a160 and a160we.isbtgere 2 different models or is it the same? Does it work with the spectral controller?

I think a160WE is what the light is technically called, but some people simply call it the "a160." Both of these terms refer to the same light, as far as I know. There should be two varieties of it though - one that is made for saltwater (the a160WE Tuna Blue) and one that is made for freshwater (the a160WE Tuna Sun). 

The a160 is compatible with the Kessil Spectral Controller X. It may also be backwards compatible with the A-Series Spectral Controller via the 3.5mm Kessil unit link cable, but I cannot confirm this off the top of my head. If you don't have a controller yet just buy the X version since it has more features anyway.

• Like 1