Rifts2Reefs

Palythoa and Zoanthid ID

Rifts2Reefs

Will be using this thread to post some of the more interesting looking Palys and Zoas I find, which I can't positively ID to anything else I've seen so far in the hobby. 

Here's a few to start it off. Picked up these up from an assorted frag system, but can't seem to put a positive name to any of the them.

I think the first one is some sort of Hawaiian PE (possibly a very speckled variant of Hawaiian Galaxy).

The second one might be Epileptic Palythoas (only thing I could find online that looks close enough), but could be wrong.

As for the third one, I'm at a complete loss. Maybe something new?

Let me know what you guys and gals think!

IMG_20190901_225205_238.jpg

IMG_20190907_234211_481.jpg

IMG_20190901_224849_468.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 9/9/2019 at 1:54 AM, Rifts2Reefs said:

Will be using this thread to post some of the more interesting looking Palys and Zoas I find, which I can't positively ID to anything else I've seen so far in the hobby. 

Here's a few to start it off. Picked up these up from an assorted frag system, but can't seem to put a positive name to any of the them.

I think the first one is some sort of Hawaiian PE (possibly a very speckled variant of Hawaiian Galaxy).

The second one might be Epileptic Palythoas (only thing I could find online that looks close enough), but could be wrong.

As for the third one, I'm at a complete loss. Maybe something new?

Let me know what you guys and gals think!

IMG_20190901_225205_238.jpg

IMG_20190907_234211_481.jpg

IMG_20190901_224849_468.jpg

I have no idea, but those are all beautiful. Whenever you frag them, give me a pm, I would love one of those😁👍

Rifts2Reefs

THIS FRAG IS STRAIGHT FIRE!!!

Will have to put some work into this frag, so it can open all the way up. There's a major aiptasia infestation growing throughout the colony, but nothing a bit of lemon juice injections, and my cleaner shrimp can't take care of!

No idea what type of Palythoas/Zoanthids these are, but definitely glad I decided to grab them!

IMG_20190917_022826_046.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
5 hours ago, Rifts2Reefs said:

THIS FRAG IS STRAIGHT FIRE!!!

Will have to put some work into this frag, so it can open all the way up. There's a major aiptasia infestation growing throughout the colony, but nothing a bit of lemon juice injections, and my cleaner shrimp can't take care of!

No idea what type of Palythoas/Zoanthids these are, but definitely glad I decided to grab them!

IMG_20190917_022826_046.jpg

Omg, where are you getting these amazing frags at? Please give me an address😂. If you frag even a single polyp, I’ll pay for it😂

• Like 1

Ratvan

I dont usually like Zoa's but that last one.....wow

• Like 1

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I dont usually like Zoa's but that last one.....wow

Yea seriously, I’ve never seen anything like that. No online vendor I’ve seen has ever sold something like that.

Are these photoshopped? I swear they gotta be?😂