Dustin C Mills

Thinking about coming back ..

Dustin C Mills

Hi everyone, I am tossing around the idea of making a comeback into the hobby after a 5 year hiatus due to losing everything to a four day blackout via ice storm. 

I'm thinking of starting a floating reef with dry rock this time. I'd like to stay under 20 gallon but as long as I can get it. My idea is to use a Eco Tech MP10 on one side to create waves in the tank and current that will through both under and over the floating live rock. In terms of livestock , I was thinking zoas , mushrooms , hermits , emerald crabs , a snail or two , and maybe a pistol shrimp. I'm on the fence about adding any fish ... 

Any of you know a tank that would be ideal for this setup ? Preferably AIO ... but if not AIO I was thinking of a AC110 or 70 

Thanks and the site looks even better than I remember it 

• Like 3

WV Reefer
1 minute ago, Dustin C Mills said:

Hi everyone, I am tossing around the idea of making a comeback into the hobby after a 5 year hiatus due to losing everything to a four day blackout via ice storm. 

I'm thinking of starting a floating reef with dry rock this time. I'd like to stay under 20 gallon but as long as I can get it. My idea is to use a Eco Tech MP10 on one side to create waves in the tank and current that will through both under and over the floating live rock. In terms of livestock , I was thinking zoas , mushrooms , hermits , emerald crabs , a snail or two , and maybe a pistol shrimp. I'm on the fence about adding any fish ... 

Any of you know a tank that would be ideal for this setup ? Preferably AIO ... but if not AIO I was thinking of a AC110 or 70 

Thanks and the site looks even better than I remember it 

Welcome back! 😊  cant wait to see what you put together. 

The Innovative Marine 10 Gallon is a pretty popular tank on here......There are lots of tank journals to look through. 

• Like 3

Dustin C Mills

Thanks Christy! 

• Like 1