SaltCritters.com

Where can I buy cheap coral?

Alyciac327

I am just getting started and my local aquarium is super expensive.  I know this isn't the cheapest hobby but I want to know how to get the best deals.  Any advice? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Alyciac327 said:

I am just getting started and my local aquarium is super expensive.  I know this isn't the cheapest hobby but I want to know how to get the best deals.  Any advice? 

Look for sales. You can sign up for their email list on each website. place big orders if possible to eliminate the shipping cost...... most places offer free shipping once you spend a certain amount. 

I like Live Aquaria, BlueZoo Aquatics, Tidal Gardens and Unique Corals.  Also, Aquarium Depot has a lot of cheap corals and inverts. 

• Like 1

You can also ask about sales at your local pet shop. Mine has a sale every couple of weekends where they sell off the small bits (broken-off-by-mistake frags and chunks of coral rock, usually) for cheap just to get 'em out of the tank. 

The selling section of this forum may be worth a shot, or Aquabid. 

• Like 1

Check around and see if there is a local reef club. Some have members that will donate corals to other people. I have a bunch of people near me that sell frags on Craigslist as well, but have never bought anything from them. 

• Like 2