Jump to content
uwdanno

UWDanno- 10 gal LPS

Recommended Posts

uwdanno

Tossed the 20 gallon and switched to the IM 10 gallon. For this tank I plan to do fewer and more specific corals, focusing more on getting a select few to grow really well vs packing it with a range of species. I’ll have euphyllia, jaw breakers and rockflowers with sexy shrimp and crabs.

 

More to come as things settle and open back up. 

92BD4268-76EA-4D43-AF38-8489A8229F50.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
uwdanno

A couple photos from around the tank 

 

Top down, too lazy to turn the return off 

 

6B91DC86-6EC6-4A19-8026-2635296AD0EE.jpeg

 

Jawbreaker landing. Still irritated from being moved 

 

22F485AE-2C64-42E9-8464-1F48FB3CE5F4.jpeg

 

Ice Blue Lept. 

 

432CD2AC-1A82-4A2E-8D90-8B486675651F.jpeg

 

Rockflower Nems 

 

01859C8B-6114-480A-BFAA-C72A2E5D89F3.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
6 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Tossed the 20 gallon and switched to the IM 10 gallon. For this tank I plan to do fewer and more specific corals, focusing more on getting a select few to grow really well vs packing it with a range of species. I’ll have euphyllia, jaw breakers and rockflowers with sexy shrimp and crabs.

 

More to come as things settle and open back up. 

92BD4268-76EA-4D43-AF38-8489A8229F50.jpeg

talk about an overkill light and flow for IM10 😂

 

Glad to see the giant cluster of gold torch is still here 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
uwdanno
29 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

talk about an overkill light and flow for IM10 😂

 

Glad to see the giant cluster of gold torch is still here 🙂 

Ha! Definitely wasn’t looking to buy new lights. I’ve thought about doing air plants on driftwood on either side of the tank. The light would make more sense then. 

 

The MP10 is set at about 15%. I like it less for the power and more for the control and options with flow.

 

Gold Torch is thriving. It’s got about 5 heads that are getting closer and closer to splitting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tired

Air plants would look great, but I'd be worried about the salt getting to them. You'd definitely want to rinse them frequently, or pick hardier ones. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

why the switch???  Go BIG!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
uwdanno
38 minutes ago, Tired said:

Air plants would look great, but I'd be worried about the salt getting to them. You'd definitely want to rinse them frequently, or pick hardier ones. 

Ahhh didn’t think of that. Good call. 

27 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

why the switch???  Go BIG!

Time and cash! I’ve always liked the idea of putting all the effort into growing a single coral. This is a step closer to that 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst
26 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Ahhh didn’t think of that. Good call. 

Time and cash! I’ve always liked the idea of putting all the effort into growing a single coral. This is a step closer to that 🙂

hahah.  your gold torch is worth like $1k already.  Keep growing that out =P

Share this post


Link to post
uwdanno
12 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

hahah.  your gold torch is worth like $1k already.  Keep growing that out =P

That’s the plan. Hoping I can baby it to a giant.

Share this post


Link to post
medinar83

Excited to see the progress, the 20 was awesome! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
uwdanno
5 hours ago, medinar83 said:

Excited to see the progress, the 20 was awesome! 

Thanks! The 20 did do well. That was a fun setup. This one will be a bit of a departure from that. I really want to get this torch giant, jawbreakers multiplying and rockflowers breading. 

 

 

75670C71-13A4-4F13-8B39-F0AAB2E0D37D.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
hinnenkm

Great to see the start of this tank, the 10s are awesome!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
uwdanno

The only Zoas in the tank. A Sunny D colony. My fav Zoa.

 

925207DF-5231-4823-A8EE-BDAE9FF1C7D8.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

I love the plan for this new tank @uwdanno, that torch coral will be a cool central feature!

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
On 9/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, uwdanno said:

I really want to get this torch giant, jawbreakers multiplying and rockflowers breading. 

Love your plan. That torch is gonna be awesome!

HMU if you ever have any questions on breeding RFAs. I’ve probably got 200 babies in my tank right now. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...