Top Shelf Aquatics

UWDanno- 10 gal LPS

uwdanno

Tossed the 20 gallon and switched to the IM 10 gallon. For this tank I plan to do fewer and more specific corals, focusing more on getting a select few to grow really well vs packing it with a range of species. I’ll have euphyllia, jaw breakers and rockflowers with sexy shrimp and crabs.

More to come as things settle and open back up. 

92BD4268-76EA-4D43-AF38-8489A8229F50.jpeg

• Like 6

A couple photos from around the tank 

Top down, too lazy to turn the return off 

6B91DC86-6EC6-4A19-8026-2635296AD0EE.jpeg

Jawbreaker landing. Still irritated from being moved 

22F485AE-2C64-42E9-8464-1F48FB3CE5F4.jpeg

Ice Blue Lept. 

432CD2AC-1A82-4A2E-8D90-8B486675651F.jpeg

Rockflower Nems 

01859C8B-6114-480A-BFAA-C72A2E5D89F3.jpeg

• Like 6
6 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Tossed the 20 gallon and switched to the IM 10 gallon. For this tank I plan to do fewer and more specific corals, focusing more on getting a select few to grow really well vs packing it with a range of species. I’ll have euphyllia, jaw breakers and rockflowers with sexy shrimp and crabs.

More to come as things settle and open back up. 

92BD4268-76EA-4D43-AF38-8489A8229F50.jpeg

talk about an overkill light and flow for IM10 😂

Glad to see the giant cluster of gold torch is still here 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

talk about an overkill light and flow for IM10 😂

Glad to see the giant cluster of gold torch is still here 🙂 

Ha! Definitely wasn’t looking to buy new lights. I’ve thought about doing air plants on driftwood on either side of the tank. The light would make more sense then. 

The MP10 is set at about 15%. I like it less for the power and more for the control and options with flow.

Gold Torch is thriving. It’s got about 5 heads that are getting closer and closer to splitting.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Tired said:

Air plants would look great, but I'd be worried about the salt getting to them. You'd definitely want to rinse them frequently, or pick hardier ones. 

Ahhh didn’t think of that. Good call. 

27 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

why the switch???  Go BIG!

Time and cash! I’ve always liked the idea of putting all the effort into growing a single coral. This is a step closer to that 🙂

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Ahhh didn’t think of that. Good call. 

Time and cash! I’ve always liked the idea of putting all the effort into growing a single coral. This is a step closer to that 🙂

hahah.  your gold torch is worth like $1k already.  Keep growing that out =P

12 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

hahah.  your gold torch is worth like $1k already.  Keep growing that out =P

That’s the plan. Hoping I can baby it to a giant.

5 hours ago, medinar83 said:

Excited to see the progress, the 20 was awesome! 

Thanks! The 20 did do well. That was a fun setup. This one will be a bit of a departure from that. I really want to get this torch giant, jawbreakers multiplying and rockflowers breading. 

75670C71-13A4-4F13-8B39-F0AAB2E0D37D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
On 9/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, uwdanno said:

I really want to get this torch giant, jawbreakers multiplying and rockflowers breading. 

Love your plan. That torch is gonna be awesome!

HMU if you ever have any questions on breeding RFAs. I’ve probably got 200 babies in my tank right now. 

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, medinar83 said:

Wow looking good!! What kind of maintenance are you doing? Any dosing? Thinking of also going down from my 20 to the 10 

Thanks. Dosing BRS Alk and CA with a Bubble Magus auto doser. Maintenance is pretty low. I try to do a weekly water change. I switch off between GFO and Carbon in the media reactor about every 4 weeks. Other than that, just feeding and scraping the glass. Nothing complicated or fancy. 

13 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

Looking great! Any time you're ready to get rid of some more jawbreakers, let me know. Mine detached and disappeared completely 😞

I've got a baby one you can have. I'll message you next time I plan to head to the store 

• Like 3
On 12/2/2019 at 6:24 PM, Tired said:

It may not be gone. Shrooms have a reputation for seemingly vanishing and then turning up later, behind something awkward. Take a look around for it.

Thank you! I scoured the tank though and no such luck. Plus I moved the tank to my new house and took everything apart in the process 😞 

22 hours ago, uwdanno said:

I've got a baby one you can have. I'll message you next time I plan to head to the store 

Awesome, just let me know how you want to do it. Thanks so much!

• Like 1