inTank Media Baskets

20g frag tank venture

classlesseagle3

classlesseagle3

After two nano other nano tanks, and buying and selling frequently, i’ve decided to set up a little frag tank to get rid of the frag racks in my other tanks. I ended up winning an advanced acrylic all-in-one at my LFS last October and have finally completed my homemade desk/stand to house the tank. I’ve pieced together the components to the tank as the year has passed, to make this a bit of a budget tank, and I think it has come together well so far. My goal is to get it wet this weekend, so this is where I start my journey with nano-reef

tank:

advanced acrylic all-in-one (about 20g)

components:

jebao ow10 wavemaker

quiet one pro 800 return pump

smart ato

Kessil a360

plan to have about half rock and half frag tacos with a bare bottom. Hopefully I have enough rock to keep a proper ecosystem without a sump or sand, so we’ll see! If anyone has any pointers on a bare bottom tank without a lot of rock, please share!

fish:

none but plan on either a pair of longfin or black storm clowns, or a strictly specimen tank for a frogfish!

0789296A-98A3-462A-A33C-70346FEBA5CA.jpeg

• Like 2

Awesome! Looking like a super nice work space!

You could line the bottom with ceramic tiles to provide surface area for bacteria and for corals that jump plug. I don't keep any live rock in my current (or past) propogation systems - just tiles. 

• Like 1
classlesseagle3
6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Awesome! Looking like a super nice work space!

You could line the bottom with ceramic tiles to provide surface area for bacteria and for corals that jump plug. I don't keep any live rock in my current (or past) propogation systems - just tiles. 

I’ve heard about ceramic tiles but never considered it. I’ll have to give it some research. Appreciate the idea!

• Like 1