Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative marine fusion pro 20 gallon

20nanolagoon

Hey guys I'm new to reefing I recently got a new tank I started cycling a 4 weeks ago it now has hair algae in the tank and tested water looks like all reading zero any tips and advice would be awsome

20190905_203258.jpg

20190905_203233.jpg

• Like 1

Hair algae is normal during the first 3-6 months as the tank establishes itself. If your cycle is complete you could introduce a cleanup crew who has a craving for hair algae. Take it slow and give the tank time to settle in. Lots of great threads on cycling, bio load, the ugly phase, etc.

if you can source a piece of really good live rock from an established tank or local pet store, this will really help kick things off for you.

• Like 1

Hi and Welcome

Still looks like you have ammonia present,,can't tell if nitrates are 0 or 5?

How did you cycle your tank?

In new tanks you will get different algaes but letting them go is the worst thing you can do because algae like gha will just continue to get worse to frustrating proportions.

You could at this stage scrub the gha with a toothbrush(new) and siphon it out.

Once the cycle is done, adding a cuc will also help 

I just put the live rock and sand and started cycling by itself I watched the diatoms show up then after that the hair algae started to show I went to my local fish store and took my water to test they said it was good to go so I got me a clean up crew 2 emerald crabs 4 turbo snails and 4 hermit crabs for starting I did a water change then acclimated them right away they went to work on cleaning my tank I also upgraded my lighting to aiprime HD light

20190906_172746.jpg