ReefCleaners.org

Need a Red Sea MAX 250 replacement hood!!!! HELP!

bageezus

So I found an amazing deal on a Red Sea Max 250. The only thing holding me back is the current owner chopped the hood up to fit in some cheap led lights. Ive look around for a full replacement hood, with no luck. Anyone have any ideas or know where to find one? Thanks

• Like 1

Call Red Sea?   Post Wanted To Buy listings anywhere you can.

Or learn to love the "open look" and just go with what they have? 😉 

Seriously, maybe look at it like Bob Ross, and just consider their mod a "happy accident".   Just because it's ugly (or whatever) now, doesn't mean it can't be salvaged as it is somehow.

OTOH, if you want a pristine Max 250 you might just be better off waiting for the next one.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mcarroll said:

Call Red Sea?   Post Wanted To Buy listings anywhere you can.

Or learn to love the "open look" and just go with what they have? 😉 

Seriously, maybe look at it like Bob Ross, and just consider their mod a "happy accident".   Just because it's ugly (or whatever) now, doesn't mean it can't be salvaged as it is somehow.

OTOH, if you want a pristine Max 250 you might just be better off waiting for the next one.

As above, I've gone the other way found a 130D for cheap as no hood. Working on making it rimless at the moment

• Like 1