Pod Your Reef

New and first go at coral

Sarge_83

Hi my name is Richard. Thanks for the add, I am here now. Lol. 

This is my twenty gallon tall aquarium. My first corals are open brain green coral, green Flowerpot and Duncan. I have a hob refugium stuffed with chaeto, pods and live sand. Livestock are a Molly fish and a scooter blenny. I hope to learn a lot here.

IMG_20190903_212956075.jpg

IMG_20190904_103645598.jpg

IMG_20190827_174714371_BURST090.jpg

• Like 2

Exciting times Richard, exciting times! One of my first corals was an open brain and seeing it open and close up from day to night is cool to see and experience. There's never-ending information about the hobby so read up.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, xM3THODx said:

Exciting times Richard, exciting times! One of my first corals was an open brain and seeing it open and close up from day to night is cool to see and experience. There's never-ending information about the hobby so read up.

I never see mine open. Just stays in same position. Thanks I tend to learn a lot when I'm this passionate about something. I'm just surprised how good the chaeto is at taking out nitrate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tired said:

Nice start!

How's the blenny doing? Do you feed it at all? 

I feed him mysis shrimp. Tho I have never seen him actively eat he did hang around the area I put the food down. Has been in tank three weeks now.

If he still looks plump, he's eating well. If not, you'll need to train him to eat. Any up-close pics of him? They're such personable fish, but you have to be careful about keeping them well fed. They've evolved to eat almost constantly, a bug at a time all day, and need highly nutritious foods. Kinda like seahorses.