Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stocking list is going to change on a regular basis but I think I will most likely aim for the below, unless I have picked a right silly combination

Tank Bred Clownfish
Twospot Blenny

And am looking at adding the following if possible.

Royal Gramma
McCoskers Wrasse
Watchman Goby
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

• Like 2
On 9/10/2019 at 4:11 AM, Ratvan said:

So I have been thinking about the display and filtration. I want to have an uncluttered display tank as far as possible. I am aware that I will need to place one maybe two powerheads/wavemakers within the display. Apart from these I don't want any equipment in sight, 

So I have been thinking about the "sump" area of the AIO. I am currently thinking of filling the back chamber/s with Live Rock Rubble and/or a Ceramic Media Brick. I will still have Live Rock within the Display but plan for these to be shelves. 

Anyone have experience of running things this way or used the below before?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CerMedia-MarinePure-Plate-Bio-Filter-Freshwater/dp/B00HT2AS1S/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=bio+filter+media+plate&qid=1568102956&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I use them in my sumps. Every 6 months you have to pull them and shake them to keep them clean. If you were in the USA, I'd give you enough for the tank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so I am starting the move tomorrow, if I don't overdo the experiments at home again :blush:.

Spent lunch time moving furniture around the office to make room for the tank and stand. I can't place it that far from my current set up as I have to hang the lights (Lid is on as I was drilling/cutting office ceiling tiles, I can now swing and tie off the light to a new position if required.) So the plan is to move in the stand in the morning and get the majority of the electronics and controllers installed within the cabinet/on door.

The Cube can survive on my desk until everything is ready to be moved over, also have got 1/2 the water required in storage tubs, filled up I reckon Friday 27th at the latest, hopefully this coming Friday

20190917_133926.jpg

• Like 4

Ok so the stand is in, the power strip (with surge protection) has been installed in the cable trays under the floor and loosely fitted inside the stand. I have been thinking about the scape again and have found some second hand Aquaroche towers for an affordable price. So I guess I'll be going the route of Dr Tim's with a dry start

360745604_Aquaroche35.thumb.jpeg.461085682e18ad8d6ebd3ce1f4e5d618.jpeg

Depending on teh size of the piece I think that one in each of the back corners would look interesting

• Like 6

Not happy with the Aquaroche and the price that the person wanted for it (used an old photo in advert) so have not gone that route. However I have stumbled across a great little blog for inspiration 

Some beautiful shots of this tank, particularly 

ftslarge.thumb.jpg.562c2539955ab5259414aae08f6537ea.jpg

More or less my vision for my tank in the office, with some more on the sandbed 😄 

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I can't wait to see this thing!

Well I am a length of 16mm tubing away from going "live" with it..... and water.......................................and the rock..........and sand

Dammit this is taking ages

• Haha 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
28 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Well I am a length of 16mm tubing away from going "live" with it..... and water.......................................and the rock..........and sand

Dammit this is taking ages

See this is why my 75 hasn't done much :lol:

• Haha 1

The struggle to get it going is always the hardest part, because the waiting is torture! And by the time you get all the bits and pieces ready it will be the weekend and you'll be out of the office... 😂

It'll be great to finally see it up and running though! If your co-workers loved the pico they are going to go nuts for this thing.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Not happy with the Aquaroche and the price that the person wanted for it (used an old photo in advert) so have not gone that route. However I have stumbled across a great little blog for inspiration 

Some beautiful shots of this tank, particularly 

ftslarge.thumb.jpg.562c2539955ab5259414aae08f6537ea.jpg

More or less my vision for my tank in the office, with some more on the sandbed 😄 

He always had some beautiful tanks.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Ratvan said:

I know right? Some stunning tanks been on here. The TOTM are well worth reading as is going onto their journals and ignoring the phone at work for the day.

I frequently re-read the TOTM winners. There's a lot of good and successful tips to gain from them.

• Like 1

So I am talking to a guy and am thinking about paying a deposit for some corals. Probably the best that I can get for the price and fairly local.

Same guy that I picked the SPS up off, that I promptly killed. Anywho..

The plan.

1. Establish that I have a fully cycled tank before any additions. I dont have enough rock for this tank but probably have enough media for one of the back chambers. I can fiddle with this later. 

2. Transfer the corals from both the Pico and 5.5g into the larger system. Attach stuff to rocks once settled at new PAR. Or see if I can fangle something temporary in the meantime. 

3. Collect and add the Hammer Corals (are these wall or branching? Can you tell from the pics?)

4. Same but with bubble and duncans.

5. As above acans. 

Im thinking two weeks between additions? Would that be fair or am I taking the piss? Would you guys be happy holding a coral for 3 months? Or am I being overly cautious?

IMG_20190825_211200.jpg

IMG_20190825_211305.jpg

IMG_20190825_211425.jpg

IMG_20190825_211208.jpg

IMG_20190825_211221.jpg

IMG_20190825_211302.jpg

IMG_20190825_211406.jpg

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

So I am talking to a guy and am thinking about paying a deposit for some corals. Probably the best that I can get for the price and fairly local.

Same guy that I picked the SPS up off, that I promptly killed. Anywho..

The plan.

1. Establish that I have a fully cycled tank before any additions. I dont have enough rock for this tank but probably have enough media for one of the back chambers. I can fiddle with this later. 

2. Transfer the corals from both the Pico and 5.5g into the larger system. Attach stuff to rocks once settled at new PAR. Or see if I can fangle something temporary in the meantime. 

3. Collect and add the Hammer Corals (are these wall or branching? Can you tell from the pics?)

4. Same but with bubble and duncans.

5. As above acans. 

Im thinking two weeks between additions? Would that be fair or am I taking the piss? Would you guys be happy holding a coral for 3 months? Or am I being overly cautious?

IMG_20190825_211200.jpg

IMG_20190825_211305.jpg

IMG_20190825_211425.jpg

IMG_20190825_211208.jpg

IMG_20190825_211221.jpg

IMG_20190825_211302.jpg

IMG_20190825_211406.jpg

They look like branching to me. I could be wrong though 🤔

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

They look like branching to me. I could be wrong though 🤔

Cheers, thats what he said too. All good, all good. 

OK, so Bio Balls. I ordered 4kg of these (dunno why cheapest I could find) and have unpacked 10x 400g packs. Awesome.

How many of these do I want in my back chambers? One pack? Entirely fill one compartment? If so which one?

I plan on seeding in either the 5.5g or Pico or Both before adding to the 34g 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Cheers, thats what he said too. All good, all good. 

OK, so Bio Balls. I ordered 4kg of these (dunno why cheapest I could find) and have unpacked 10x 400g packs. Awesome.

How many of these do I want in my back chambers? One pack? Entirely fill one compartment? If so which one?

I plan on seeding in either the 5.5g or Pico or Both before adding to the 34g 

Hmm, I don't know.. I'm thinking of adding a brick to the back chamber of the water box.. little more filtration can't hurt.

• Like 1