Coral Vue Hydros

5 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I have a tiger conch, can they do the same thing? I’ve never been cut by him, and I’ve held him before, but can he?

Honestly not a clue mate.

20191009_125250.thumb.jpg.671b230ecf8d35e45199413f3f9009b3.jpg20191009_125241.thumb.jpg.44af5987ed8e4736d781b9ee867e76d6.jpg20191009_124838.thumb.jpg.98726cec26d9e49d0eaa53419d60d520.jpg20191009_125258.thumb.jpg.390f9511d522d5878477d84d040763ce.jpg

Can just make out barb in final photo

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

To be fair that was not reef related

You say it was for charity, but I think that a wrasse smacked you in the face. :ninja:

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, seabass said:

You say it was for charity, but I think that a wrasse smacked you in the face. :ninja:

LOL

Only time something like that happened was a Tiger Oscar. Something about being hit int eh face by a 4lb 11" fish to wake you up in the morning. Miss that guy

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

F#ck off! Seriously?

Yea, that shell is NOT a Strombid shell mate, do be careful. You said it felt like a bee sting, I'm betting you got a dose of toxin. And guess what? There are several Strombids that are poisonous as well.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, that shell is NOT a Strombid shell mate, do be careful. You said it felt like a bee sting, I'm betting you got a dose of toxin. And guess what? There are several Strombids that are poisonous as well.

Great news. Thanks. 

Tank o death it is then

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Just be careful when you put your hand in the tank. Always know where it is. We used to get them all the time in live rock shipments. 

I got elbow length nitriles on order through work. 

I have been pretty good being hands off with this one. The fact that I get soaked if I play in it and now this yup. I've been a bit too cavalier about this whole thing. 

On the upside my INR results and Blood Pressure are spot on 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I got elbow length nitriles on order through work. 

I have been pretty good being hands off with this one. The fact that I get soaked if I play in it and now this yup. I've been a bit too cavalier about this whole thing. 

On the upside my INR results and Blood Pressure are spot on 

You tested your INR?

24 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Polyscythemia vera. Grandfather had it. I started exhibiting symptoms 2016. 👍

Wow! You have a home checker? That’s actually pretty cool. Wish those were around about 10-15 years ago for my grandfather. He was on Coumadin and could never get his INR controlled, but he’d go months in between checks because of how the VA works.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Wow! You have a home checker? That’s actually pretty cool. Wish those were around about 10-15 years ago for my grandfather. He was on Coumadin and could never get his INR controlled, but he’d go months in between checks because of how the VA works.

Yeah NHS trial actually. The MIL wants to borrow it (warfarin) 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Yeah NHS trial actually. The MIL wants to borrow it (warfarin) 

I bet! I wish had handheld ones at work.

• Like 1

Ok, so last night did a lot of reading, thinking and planning. As much as I want a wrasse in here I am not that willing to "make it fit" so as a result I think that I want to go down the route of having a pair or trio of one of the three types of Possum Wrasse;

White Banded

312122753_WhiteBandedPossum.jpg.0c2b1ebab9ea9dc23cf767a8223b094c.jpg

Yellow Banded

1818392178_YellowBandedPossum.jpg.b294cc084e54fa4a20814a0bf098ffa8.jpg

or Tanaka Possum Wrasse

1900018442_TanakaPossumWrasse.jpg.dfaa8290829483004d6631a4aa92d23e.jpg

So everywhere I have seen that these fish need a minimum of 10G, so three would be okay within the 34G I would assume, that is of course if I can get one dominant male and two females which maybe an issue. I know that my LFS has these in from the suppliers on a  fairly regular basis so I am fairly confident that I can order direct from collector/breeder. I however am not too sure what would happen with the DOA guarantee if I do not allow the fish to touch LFS water. Also need to find out what would happen if I am not happy with the specimen and wanted another....

Potential Stocking List

Ocellaris Clownfish (Looking "Mocha" now)

Tailspot Blenny

3x Tanaka Possum Wrasses

That looks pretty full to me? Maybe push it by pairing up the clownfish? How long do I want to wait to get a second clown by the way? Didn't want 2 in the 2.5G Pico Contest Tank

24 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

How long do I want to wait to get a second clown by the way?

I'd certainly would wait until the API ammonia test appears yellow.  As far as pairing, you typically just need to find a notably smaller juvenile of the same species.  Going for another mocha?

• Like 1
Just now, seabass said:

I'd certainly would wait until the API ammonia test appears yellow.  As far as pairing, you typically just need to find a notably smaller juvenile of the same species.  Going for another mocha?

Seen some "tank bred" clowns at the same place that sent me mine. Spotted a gorgeous little mis bar but dont know how long to wait as Hantu is fairly young herself will be hard to garuntee smaller.

Am I best off waiting for her to grow a bit?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

So how about?

Mocha/Onyx Clownfish
Gold Streak Blenny
Lubbocks Wrasse
Pink Streak Wrasse
Possum Wrasse
(Nano)Goby and Shrimp pair?

Too much? 

Onyx was mentioned on another forum 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t think you could mix wrasses? Is that a fallacy?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, seabass said:

Figures.  Aren't Onyx clowns usually Perculas?

When researching fish I usually read through LA's descriptions: https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/15/

then check their compatibility chart:

image.thumb.png.4ebcd4f6c5c543be2ce5c158d2f30960.png

I have no idea really, she's happy and healthy (and pretty) so that's all I really care about

8 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I didn’t think you could mix wrasses? Is that a fallacy?

I had not heard that? Something (else) to read up on 

• Like 1