Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

OK so I have an interesting territorial observations. 

20190809_151349.thumb.jpg.6c92947b1303046b6633c747faaa22c5.jpg

Cujo is very protective of the barnacles, he has so far "lunged" (best description that I can come up with - charged with mouth wide open and shaking) at Hantu (Clownfish) at least 3 times this morning, additionally I have seen him clamp down and shake Hantu...... I've checked fins and (small amount of nipping damage) 

Should I let this ride out or do I need to isolate my Blenny for bad behaviour? 

Feisty little thing!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

You guys have all the amazing tank deals over where you live😂. There’s barely anything on eBay for us😂

3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I wish we could get stuffed shipped from the UK to America😂

I'd willingly trade my tank selection for a better fish and coral selection, sucks being in one of the smaller markets (Europe)

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

I'd willingly trade my tank selection for a better fish and coral selection, sucks being in one of the smaller markets (Europe)

I would love to trade you some corals for a nice tank. How much would shipping be tho, just to send stuff over seas? How much would over night shipping be for corals? I would be happy to send you some frags, but I don’t know if you want to pay a crazy amount for shipping.

3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I would love to trade you some corals for a nice tank. How much would shipping be tho, just to send stuff over seas? How much would over night shipping be for corals? I would be happy to send you some frags, but I don’t know if you want to pay a crazy amount for shipping.

I've looked before, really wanted a Nem Box from @This guy is extra salty but the shipping costs was extravagant. 

So one polybox (4KG) from me to Philadelphia Eagles, probably fit 10 frags? 

image.thumb.png.b0ee523bbd4e46a3d2261ab308aaa177.png

Nope nearly $300 dollars in shipping alone

• Wow 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I've looked before, really wanted a Nem Box from @This guy is extra salty but the shipping costs was extravagant. 

Wow, yea, that’s why I didn’t think that you would want to pay that😂

• Haha 1

I've now exhausted all the LFS near me, and unless i want a tank full of brown and green, its mailorder for me! UK sucks for corals, but makes the good finds quite satisfying

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JPD1980 said:

I've now exhausted all the LFS near me, and unless i want a tank full of brown and green, its mailorder for me! UK sucks for corals, but makes the good finds quite satisfying

Yeah that part of the South Coast is pretty bare for a "decent" LFS. Couple of stand alone stores and then a Maidenhead Aquatics?

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How come you guys don't have good coral selections over there? Do they outlaw them and that's why?

Honestly I think it's because we are one of the smallest markets. So less reasons for suppliers to ship here. Whent eh corals do get here they're fragged down rediculously smaller to increase any profit they can get The Biggest markets (in order for amount spent) 

-Asia

-USA

-Australia

-Mainland Europe

-UK

Also we have a rather limited local selection of native fish (unless coldwater) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a really great marine only LFS in Worthing but it's long since shut up after the original owner sold it, but yes, it seems as we get the wrong end of the deal

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JPD1980 said:

There was a really great marine only LFS in Worthing but it's long since shut up after the original owner sold it, but yes, it seems as we get the wrong end of the deal

Can't say I remember one. I know Aqua Fish in Lancing is a nice store but £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

That's about right for shipping. 

4 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How come you guys don't have good coral selections over there? Do they outlaw them and that's why?

The same bans are in effect all over the world in regards to Indonesia. Prices are only going to get worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, JPD1980 said:

Yup, looks like it's gonna be either eBay, JBS marines or mailordercorals for me 

I've had great experience with both of those and also thecoralcentre, also zoamarines is good but rather focused on Zoas. 

Morning all, 

Tank is looking nice, have a smattering of what I assume to be Diatoms on the sand and possibly the start of some Cyano on and around the rock work, I have done the shake test and can confirm that is it not Dino's, which is nice. 

20191008_161931.thumb.jpg.37defae6f770afd0c5aae2575bb5909e.jpg+

20191008_161937.thumb.jpg.ee7499ce27f1b169181cc41e86261f41.jpg

20191008_161946.thumb.jpg.d481ca032118041fce0207739bef8802.jpg

20191008_161949.thumb.jpg.c0f2ce1b4eef53a5a0b018571f61afb1.jpg

Will siphon out with water change later, I have waited until it has formed a thick enough mat to easily remove. Also looking at picking up a Strombus Snail this lunch time, also someone has captured some Stomatella snails and Micro Brittle Stars they dont want 

• Like 5
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, Ratvan said:

So it seems the livestock are continuing the theme of attacking me. Meet Stabby Joe.

Today I learned Strombus have a razorblade

20191009_123238.jpg

did you actually get cut?

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, Ratvan said:

Split the skin but no blood :blush:

wow that's pretty wild. I would have never guessed a snail would be able to do that.