Top Shelf Aquatics

5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Ok too high to get that? Detritus build up where? Under the "skirt'of the pavona or under the plug? 

@Tamberavyou mean @WV Reefer hstar spawning spot? 

On the base of the coral. Pavona is very susceptible to bacterial infections. If you watch videos of there it grows in the wild, it's in a pretty turbulent area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

On the base of the coral. Pavona is very susceptible to bacterial infections. If you watch videos of there it grows in the wild, it's in a pretty turbulent area.

Thanks. Hatchery not the place for it to be for long then. I'll move it out tomorrow. Eggcrate arrived and have suction cups and glue so diy rack it is.

A bit broke off so I glued it to a plug and stuck it in with the "mother" 

2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

We refer to it around here as the House of Love. 😄

Apologies. House of love.

Sounds like on or near the top of the main rock is the place then. 2 of 3 power heads/pumps pointed to cross over it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Or the orgy sofa

Sure as hell dont want to sit on that sofa............:whoa: hope its like grandmas and wrapped in plastic for easy clean up.................:unsure:

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Or the orgy sofa

6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sure as hell dont want to sit on that sofa............:whoa: hope its like grandmas and wrapped in plastic for easy clean up.................:unsure:

if you can get starfish to jizz on a sofa make sure to record it. 

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

if you can get starfish to jizz on a sofa make sure to record it. 

Um chocolate starfish..............:unsure: and some hot dog flavored water...............:lol:

• Haha 5

Weird cuz my ORA mint pavona doesn't care how I treat it. I have pretty good flow but I had some growing in my toilet sump years ago. Even now I put it next to my BTA so it gets stung all the time and grows back over the sting so it can get stung again. 

Next time I accidentally break a piece off I will abuse it in my sump and see what happens. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Weird cuz my ORA mint pavona doesn't care how I treat it. I have pretty good flow but I had some growing in my toilet sump years ago. Even now I put it next to my BTA so it gets stung all the time and grows back over the sting so it can get stung again. 

Next time I accidentally break a piece off I will abuse it in my sump and see what happens. 

Do you target feed yours? Trying to figure out if i need to spot feed sps corals

10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Do you target feed yours? Trying to figure out if i need to spot feed sps corals

Nope... Fast grower thriving on neglect. It can eat some fish poop or frozen food juice that flies around. 

I don't even feed my BTA though 🙃 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the other issue with a work tank. Stuff happens and I have to just post partial updates and I forget the rest....

I've noticed certain things going missing around the tank and they're congregating in a certain area at back of the tank in a rather organised way. So can discount flow as that pushes free floating algae under the barnacles and not here..... I need to set a trap tomorrow and hope none of my fish go for it....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well the bottle trap managed to catch my Tailspot Blenny, 🙄, have reset and will try again,

Not a lot else to update really, still cant get a clear shot of the construction, might try for a top down shot later

SPS arriving today at home for the Home Reef

• Haha 2

Here is the reason that I am setting traps

Burrow.jpg.61bd6e0609805a902a45f7c0cf299240.jpg

I have within the tank

Tailspot Blenny

2x Red Headed gobies

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Blue Star Leopard Wrasse

So slightly concerned that I may have an issue with whatever lives in here plus my two sand sleeping wrasses (especially the Leopard)

• Like 1

Welcome to the Bad Crab club. 😭

In all seriousness, it probably is a shrimp or crab. I know I've seen that both can take rubble and coral frags for construction materials. Good luck catching it. 

Are you able to remove the rock for possible manual extraction? 😬

Just now, kimberbee said:

Welcome to the Bad Crab club. 😭

In all seriousness, it probably is a shrimp or crab. I know I've seen that both can take rubble and coral frags for construction materials. Good luck catching it. 

Are you able to remove the rock for possible manual extraction? 😬

I thought as much, possibly a eunicid worm also

I fixed the biggest rock to the bottom with reefing putty before putting in the sand, and typically it is right up against the biggest rock. 

I'm going to keep trying with the trap, I want to move the wrasses but haven't anywhere large enough to keep them at the moment, picked up some frozen mussels and scallops for bait

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
13 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

So the trap seemed to work (with shaved mussel) 

21191119_123148.jpg.07542aaec4f1f3f9da53f49daa3c4e82.jpg21191119_123334.jpg.adf8a50386b58a7a75526695f7547deb.jpg

I think it is a Gorilla crab? Had to spear him unfortunately as he escaped the shot glass trap when i was removing it 

Reminds me of the bad stone crab in my pest tank. I have two crabs in that tank and one has a pattern similar to yours, but he’s all white. His shell is like milky white, but the stone crab looks just like this crab except my crabs claws are a lighter color

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Reminds me of the bad stone crab in my pest tank. I have two crabs in that tank and one has a pattern similar to yours, but he’s all white. His shell is like milky white, but the stone crab looks just like this crab except my crabs claws are a lighter color

My Wrasses are tucking into the body as we speak, chopped up obviously 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1