Coral Vue Hydros

Need help with Moon Light spectrum settings for AI Prime HD

Haacheew

atm, I am using Tony Rogers's settings for day time which ends at 10:40pm.

I set my Lunar Cycle start time 1am to 3am only. (tank is in my bedroom, need complete darkness during sleep time).

What are average color temperatures (AI Prime HD color %) for Moon Light using AI Prime HD Lunar Cycle schedule.

If you have the tank in your bed room and need it dark to sleep , then why have the moonlights on at all?🤔 Once your light cycle is done turn the lights out completely..

• Like 1

None of the color temperatures will really mimic moonlight, nor is that important unless you're trying to trigger spawning events. In that case however, while it *has* been done accidentally in the hobby, you will usually need large parameter swings and very specific lighting and lighting schedules, alongside A TON of research, to accomplish it.
For hobbyists, pick a low setting which you like looking at or which doesn't bother you, the corals effectively couldn't care less otherwise.
I use 2% UV for a little nightlight.

• Like 2
On 9/2/2019 at 11:50 PM, Haacheew said:

tank is in my bedroom, need complete darkness during sleep time

Set up your schedule so it runs a full cycle, but start the tank's day as soon as you wake up (and thus can enjoy it) so that it's done and dark before you go to bed.  

Your reef only needs 12 hours tops so it should be eminently doable.  

And moonlights can be on for an arbatrary amount of time since they are only really there for you to observe the tank at night.  When you're asleep, there's no need for moonlights.

If you wake up at 8am and go to bed at midnight, that's 16 potential viewing hours.  

So in that example, starting at 8am give the tank (up to) a 12 hour daylight cycle, followed by a (up to) 4 hour moonlight cycle.  The tank would be dark at bedtime.

You can also start the tank's day before yours if you want some "daylight" in your room to help wake up...I wouldn't start the tank's lighting cycle any earlier than real sunrise ordinarily, to avoid messing up your sleep.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:28 AM, Haacheew said:

which colors (temperatures) mimic the moon light??

Tunze's moonlight (eg their 7096 controller) is the only one I know of off-hand that's realistic in color.  It's white light.  Dunno what programming your light is like, so can't make any recommendations on "how?".

Just like the sun's color, the moon's color can vary from night to day too though.  FYI.