2.pump- sicce 1.0

3.intank media basket first chamber

4.mesh lid (not sure yet what to use )

5.tunze wavemaker (maybe over kill )

6.colbat heater 75w

7.bare bottom (not sure yet ) 

8.stand looking for something still

9.well have fun 

let me know what all think I get pic as I set it up and all thanks.

The ReefLED seems like overkill for this tank. Any reason in particular why you are looking at that? I have an Evo and run a Prime, non-HD, and it’s more than enough.

If you keep the sand bed shallow I think it would look better. Easy to maintain and more natural looking. I think the sand bed area is small enough to keep up maintenance on.

I have a Cobalt MJ1200 for the return, it’s around 300gph and don’t feel like I need anything else. Especially if you swap the split loc-line for a single flare nozzle. It really helps the flow. 

For the mesh lid I bought some bird netting on eBay and got some supplies from a big box store to make the frame.

Hope this helps. I recently rebooted mine. Here it is. Stand is DIY, didn’t save any plans though. Simple 1x4s. 

50B92994-5E72-412C-9E0B-88F5B3284A52.jpeg

• Like 1
On 9/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, thedon986 said:

The ReefLED seems like overkill for this tank. Any reason in particular why you are looking at that? I have an Evo and run a Prime, non-HD, and it’s more than enough.

If you keep the sand bed shallow I think it would look better. Easy to maintain and more natural looking. I think the sand bed area is small enough to keep up maintenance on.

I have a Cobalt MJ1200 for the return, it’s around 300gph and don’t feel like I need anything else. Especially if you swap the split loc-line for a single flare nozzle. It really helps the flow. 

For the mesh lid I bought some bird netting on eBay and got some supplies from a big box store to make the frame.

Hope this helps. I recently rebooted mine. Here it is. Stand is DIY, didn’t save any plans though. Simple 1x4s. 

50B92994-5E72-412C-9E0B-88F5B3284A52.jpeg

Yea the light might be Overkill but that's for if I decide to use in bigger tank I have it  don't have buy bigger light you always turn it down.

7 minutes ago, Captin 94 said:

Yea the light might be Overkill but that's for if I decide to use in bigger tank I have it  don't have buy bigger light you always turn it down.

It looks like a solid LED from the early reviews. I did notice some people stating the power supplies are overheating and I think there might be a recall. So I would check into that and maybe reach out to RedSea for an update before ordering.

Just now, thedon986 said:

It looks like a solid LED from the early reviews. I did notice some people stating the power supplies are overheating and I think there might be a recall. So I would check into that and maybe reach out to RedSea for an update before ordering.

Little late I just got it but anywhere I can research that information on over heating. Thanks

2 hours ago, Captin 94 said:

Oh wow that's crazy I'm gonna check my now see if it gets hot or what not thanks for the heads up.

Looking like the temps are around 125-130 and it been running on 100 percent for about 4-5 hours now I'm thinking it's fine. 

20 minutes ago, Captin 94 said:

Looking like the temps are around 125-130 and it been running on 100 percent for about 4-5 hours now I'm thinking it's fine. 

That's good to hear. Not fish related but my beer brewing controller started smoking after three years, come to find out, there was a manufacturing defect. Definitely keep an eye out though now that you know. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are some updates with few things. Also scraped the black stuff off the 3 sides nice and clean now I also may just go top less but not sure, going bare bottom out a piece of black abs plastic on the bottom I don't think I'll need to glue it or anything with the weight of the rocks.i have pics of it on the stand and the light and water test soon.

IMG_20191004_120508.jpg

IMG_20191004_120527.jpg

IMG_20191004_120725.jpg

IMG_20191004_121024.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good! Not sure if you had thought about this but I just noticed on the stand pic the tank glass is sitting directly on the wood and I would recommend cutting some strips of rubber mat to put between the two. It helps distribute the the weight of the tank away from any uneven spots. Potentially saving you from a waterfall of water and a broken tank.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:23 PM, thedon986 said:

Looks good! Not sure if you had thought about this but I just noticed on the stand pic the tank glass is sitting directly on the wood and I would recommend cutting some strips of rubber mat to put between the two. It helps distribute the the weight of the tank away from any uneven spots. Potentially saving you from a waterfall of water and a broken tank.

I do have something for it haven't had tim to put it on yet .

On 10/5/2019 at 12:34 PM, JPD1980 said:

I'm a few weeks into my own Evo, I'm going bare bottom in mine too, so I'm keen to see how yours goes 🙂

Are you using the abs plastic on the bottom as well?

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 12:19 PM, Captin 94 said:

Here are some updates with few things. Also scraped the black stuff off the 3 sides nice and clean now I also may just go top less but not sure, going bare bottom out a piece of black abs plastic on the bottom I don't think I'll need to glue it or anything with the weight of the rocks.i have pics of it on the stand and the light and water test soon.

IMG_20191004_120508.jpg

IMG_20191004_120527.jpg

IMG_20191004_120725.jpg

IMG_20191004_121024.jpg

That lid is awesome!  Wish I could make that.

• Like 1
On 12/30/2019 at 5:10 PM, LilReefLady said:

That lid is awesome!  Wish I could make that.

@LilReefLady it looks a bit like the DD jump guard kit. not too expensive and very easy to make! have a look online or in my thread.

• Like 1