Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Just got some hermit crabs on the beach 🦀

HermitOhoy!

I went to the beach and saw three hermits, and decided to keep them...and i need some tips from professionals, what’s the best thing to feed them..? I’ve gotten them a tank, and such but google isint really helping with what they eat... Please comment some tips 😄 thanks  

19 hours ago, lakshwadeep said:

Where did you get them? Were they found on land or underwater?

They where just lying on the side of the beach, I didn't catch them with a net or anything.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:56 PM, j.falk said:

Take them back.

I don’t need to, they have a better chance with me then on the beach, there are more predators that would kill them there. I posted this a few days ago and have already gotten the proper equipment.

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, HermitOhoy! said:

I don’t need to, they have a better chance with me then on the beach, there are more predators that would kill them there. I posted this a few days ago and have already gotten the proper equipment.

Depending on where you got them, it is probably legal to collect but returning them is likely breaking a law. The lives of two hermit crabs are not worth a possible outbreak of anything bad your tank may have.

Hermit crabs on the beach are most likely INTERTIDAL. Not terrestrial.  I hope you meant to say that you got them a TANK and not a cage.  Like ratvan said, pictures could help us tell you what you need. 

• Like 1

If you kill them with improper care, they have 0 chance with you. 

Hermit crabs are meant to survive nature. Something will eat them eventually, but they'll live longer than in an improper setup. 

To know what care they need, you'll need to post pics so someone can ID them. They could be intertidal, terrestrial, or very lost fully aquatic crabs.